OK, what do you think of this job offer ?

mymaster

Dr. Frankenstein
Donating Member
Registered
OK, what do you think of this job offer ? HD

I am qualified, I can only assume this company and business will be around for a long time to come especially in my neighborhood, people in this area have the money and do live the lifestyle.

Driver / Shop Assistant - Harley-Davidson

Last edited:
I'd file an app for sure. They may be Hardleys but they're still bikes, and a job (a job period is nice to have these days) in the motorcycle industry would have to be fun.

I'd file an app for sure. They may be Hardleys but they're still bikes, and a job (a job period is nice to have these days) in the motorcycle industry would have to be fun.

Sent them a resume. A little nervous, one of those things where you have other things in the works with excepting a job offer in your profession (I'm a Class A driver) and all of a sudden something like this pops up, I love motorcycles. At this point in my life its not about money, its about enjoying my life.

Sounds like the right man for the right job.
I like your attitude - If you enjoy what you do you will have all the riches one could ask for.
Bubba

Re: OK, what do you think of this job offer ? HD

I am qualified, I can only assume this company and business will be around for a long time to come especially in my neighborhood, people in this area have the money and do live the lifestyle.

Driver / Shop Assistant - Harley-Davidson

I think you are probably over qualified...sounds like a entry level job for a kid just out of school.

Might be a lot of boring type of work... :dunno:

Re: OK, what do you think of this job offer ? HD

I think you are probably over qualified...sounds like a entry level job for a kid just out of school.

Might be a lot of boring type of work... :dunno:

A kid just out of school isnt going to have a forklift cert...

• Load and tow trailer – load and tow heavyweight motorcycles on a two-rail trailer.

Why? HD doesn't run? Or typical HD rider? :rofl:

Sorry, couldn't resist... :poke:

My philosophy on jobs - you can always turn down a job offer, but you'll never get an offer if you don't apply.

It's a position for a Lot Tech. So Take it for what it's worth. If you need a job bad enough then yeah of course, but it's the bottom rung of any dealership. They left out taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, mopping, sweeping, etc... Basically every dirty job in th edealership belongs to the drivers/lot techs. This is experiance from only two dealerships, but it's what I saw.

Also, you may or may not be surprised by the "Lifestyle" of the primary Harley owner/buyer. Sure there are some who still believe they are some sort of status symbol. But for most the "Lifestyle" is dead smack in the middle class. Just regular Joe's who wanted an American Cruiser, cause nobody else does the cruiser thing just right.

There's a lot of positives to workign at a dealership though, Rental bike break in's in the spring, some pretty apparel girls, fun events and bike shows.... Etc... But the work they are asking you to do in this case is going to be grunt work, and labor. That's cool, if that's what you are looking for, but just be forewarned.

Good Luck!

It's a position for a Lot Tech. So Take it for what it's worth. If you need a job bad enough then yeah of course, but it's the bottom rung of any dealership. They left out taking out the trash, cleaning bathrooms, mopping, sweeping, etc... Basically every dirty job in th edealership belongs to the drivers/lot techs. This is experiance from only two dealerships, but it's what I saw.

Also, you may or may not be surprised by the "Lifestyle" of the primary Harley owner/buyer. Sure there are some who still believe they are some sort of status symbol. But for most the "Lifestyle" is dead smack in the middle class. Just regular Joe's who wanted an American Cruiser, cause nobody else does the cruiser thing just right.

There's a lot of positives to workign at a dealership though, Rental bike break in's in the spring, some pretty apparel girls, fun events and bike shows.... Etc... But the work they are asking you to do in this case is going to be grunt work, and labor. That's cool, if that's what you are looking for, but just be forewarned.

Good Luck!

If the pay meets your needs, go for it. I think the Harley crowd is a great bunch of people. The dealerships run the range from mediocre to very upscale, with the trend definitely towards upscale in the last 20 years. And the folks who work there love and breathe motorcycles just like the rest of us.

Who knows, maybe your Busa will pick up a stable mate out of all this. I was seriously looking at a 2008 dyna wide glide before I bought my Busa.

Last edited:
Well Bill you could certainly dazzle them with your bike detailing expertise. :thumbsup:

black%20busa%20009.jpg

Back