Got a new gun

macon454

181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09, AKA "C
Donating Member
Registered
Traded a buddy out of it, that was needing a little money, Walther G22 it was cheap enough so i figured i would add it to the small collection, has laser site, i guess it will be good for plinking. shoot about 100rds threw it today. love it so far, anyone heard any good or bad on them?

And then the others.

005 (2).jpg

007.jpg

Hey, it's a Walther, they make quality products so it should be a well made gun. When it comes to trigger time, there isn't much out there that is cheaper to shoot than a 22 :thumbsup:

nice.
I have been looking around for a semi .22 Kind of stuck on the Ruger 10/22, but I have seen some go on sale from time to time for $100.....so I wait.

nice.
I have been looking around for a semi .22 Kind of stuck on the Ruger 10/22, but I have seen some go on sale from time to time for $100.....so I wait.

A friend of mine has a ruger 10/22 and i like it just as well as this gun.

That looks like a fun gun. Walthers are good quality. Steer clear of the Rugers and Tauruses if quality is high on your list. If you just plink at targets, they're fine. If you are using it for home defense, I would spend a little more and invest in Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta or H&K.
Posted via Mobile Device

That looks like a fun gun. Walthers are good quality. Steer clear of the Rugers and Tauruses if quality is high on your list. If you just plink at targets, they're fine. If you are using it for home defense, I would spend a little more and invest in Glock, Sig Sauer, Beretta or H&K.
Posted via Mobile Device

Horribly Broad, Inaccurate statement, and Not factually based....

Show me where Ruger falls behind? Their Auto's aren't a favorite of mine and they are a more budget minded purchase but every Ruger I have owned has been stone club reliable. I cannot speak from personal experience regarding Taurus but I challenge you to find any major failure across their product line as well.

But I'll take a stab and guess that if you were to buy an AR it would have to be "COLT" right? Cause all the others are of lesser quality??? :whistle:

Traded a buddy out of it, that was needing a little money, Walther G22 it was cheap enough so i figured i would add it to the small collection, has laser site, i guess it will be good for plinking. shoot about 100rds threw it today. love it so far, anyone heard any good or bad on them?

And then the others.

Flippin eck :bowdown:

Horribly Broad, Inaccurate statement, and Not factually based....

Show me where Ruger falls behind? Their Auto's aren't a favorite of mine and they are a more budget minded purchase but every Ruger I have owned has been stone club reliable. I cannot speak from personal experience regarding Taurus but I challenge you to find any major failure across their product line as well.

But I'll take a stab and guess that if you were to buy an AR it would have to be "COLT" right? Cause all the others are of lesser quality??? :whistle:

I love Ruger products, they make some of the best rifles on the market in my opinion. But when it comes to handguns I won't trust my life with one.

When I went to the academy there were a couple guys that had Ruger P89s. They constantly had problems with them and when they did work the guys still complained about them.

There is a reason why more law enforcement agencies carry Glocks than any other pistol and there is a reason why so few carry Rugers. I don't know of anyone in my area right now that carries a Ruger for a sidearm.

I'm sure there are some out there that function perfect every time, problem is there are many out there that don't and when it comes to protecting lives this is not acceptable. The failures don't have to be across the line, they just have to be frequent enough that you see them more times than not.

My department has an open carry policy for the guys that don't wish to carry the department issued S&W. I am the one that has to inspect any submitted weapon for carry then approve it. Ruger and Taurus are two that I will not sign off on. Sorry but I've seen too many failures on the range with them and have heard even more stories about other problems with them.

I will also add that I'm not a fan of Colt for anything. Rock River Arms or Armalite all the way on the black guns. And there are reasons for that, not just an opinion.

.22 is a cheap way to have some fun. I used to have a Mac-9 (9mm), Tec-9 (9mm), AR15 (5.56 .223), Uzi 9mm, and Glock 22 (.40 Cal). It was sometimes expensive to go out and shoot. We will have to go shoot sometime...havent done it in a while.

Back