What are we becoming? We determine the outcome!

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Man this is a topic that I thought I would never ever have to post up...

When times get tough people tend to show their true selves. I like to think that as a group we foster a good respectful environment. We have always tried to shy away from confrontation and worked to build each other up. This winter I think that alot of us have become caught up in the stresses of life and we forgot who and what the site is about. We have allowed others opinions to change our behavior and the way that we discuss and interact with other members. I do believe that if I were presented with the opportunity to meet each of you that we would be able to have a great conversation and talk respectfully to each other. For some reason this Winter we lost that ability. I have been contacted from several members that have just had enough of the back biting and snide comments between members. I have to admit that I am guilty of this too. We have let a few folks come into the site and change the way that we interact with others... We have allowed the site to change and people are noticing.. We are seeing the respect, honor and common courtesy to others fading away....

What is it that we want from this place? Are we looking for a place to interact with others or are we just wanting a place to act out in a way that we would never do in person?

How much more of these actions can this site take? What makes us different from the others? Why can't we bite our tongues and just not say anything?

I pose these questions to you, what do you want this place to be.... Spring is here and time for us to meet face to face and have some fun. The Bash, Eureka, the Stampede... and all the other group rides of the year.

What do we do to change it?

I will start the changes, I will work harder to be positive and provide better guidance to the group... I intend to clear up any misunderstandings with members that I might have and put an extra effort to make sure I read my messages before I post them so they may not be misunderstood.

What can you do?

You can change the world.... It's you all that have made Hayabusa.org a great place to share information and meet new people. I think that if we think twice and re read our messages before we post them we might catch ourselves before we say something improper. You have the keys to success of this site....

To those of you that don't care, that are here to say what you want and move on, the ones that are like a plague.... I have news for you..... you're time has come to an end.... Working with the admins and what I call the senior members we will eradicate you and cleanse the site of your negative and improper post... For those that don't think I will do it... try me!

We can't let this site get away from us, we all need to learn restraint, respect and courtesy. Many of you have never had any boundaries at all, growing up you acted as you pleased, as an adult you still act the same way. No regard for others or their beliefs, many have never been held accountable.... You will be now!

I have tried to let the group over the past 6 months self moderate, I have held the admins at bay not wanting to hear the " Censor Nazi " comments or the "Free Country" or "Free Speech" comments... We can see where that has gotten us....

This is the notice that I am raising the bar on the site. I expect better and more from us all. Better friendships, better conversation and better cooperation. This country is in a heck of a position right now... We should all be standing closer and helping each other more not arguing. There are folks on this site going through very trying times, maybe the worst they have ever seen, they are coming to the site to get away from the problems and look for friends to hold them up.... This site was founded on the concept of friendship and respect....

Here are a few things that are changing tonight.... Consider this the public notice.......

1. No more cop bashing... I was one of em, I have the highest respect for our law enforcement. Those that bash em are probably not qualified to be one or have been busted by one. Get over it, I would rather have a site full of cops then a couple of guys that have nothing positive to contribute to the community.
2. Religion........ I hear one negative word about my one and only GOD then just expect your account to go.... If you don't like it and can't hold your words then go open your own athiest Busa forum... It seems there are a lot of you out there! I will not allow your smart alec comments to be a part of this site any longer.
3. Politics....... While I don't like the current situation that our country is in nothing positive can come out of all the Obama bashing and govt threads... Talking about the issues is one thing but posting up garbage to illicite a response is another... Let's just take a break from the politics for awhile what do you say?

We need to clean things up and help our fellow man... Who's with me?

Cap

I got your back Doug. I wil start watching what I say and do. along with helping in my administrative responsabilities.

:beerchug:

:beerchug: Well said Cap. I came here to make friends and learn about Busa's. I have met so many great people and I treasure your friendships. Lets get this place back to what it was when I joined, alot of folks that wanted to talk and learn about motorcycles, whether it be a Busa or another type of bike. :)

100 % Captian. Whatever I got to Do to NOT GET BANNED :shocked:

I even changed my Signature !!!!:laugh:

Seriously Cap I Love this place and have A lot of the same goals for My Life that You have for this Forum. Way to Raise the BAR :thumbsup:

Good Luck and Godspeed !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I gotta tell you guys.. You never know how much you appreciate folks until they are not there... MC_Mustang is a great man, he is definately a leader of men and I miss his presence on the site... He often times would call me and give me the little voice that I needed to see things that I had become blind to. The admins we have now do a fantastic job doing the same thing I just haven't been listening...

Thanks guys (and Vabusa) for setting me straight....

I gotta tell you guys.. You never know how much you appreciate folks until they are not there... MC_Mustang is a great man, he is definately a leader of men and I miss his presence on the site... ....

+1 Hurry home brotha

I couldn't have said it better myself but not just this forum this whole country has lost a sense of respect

Well stated Captain! You've got my word I'll watch what I say and do while here. Your house, your rules.

To the members here, I have never posted up with intent to offend anyone although I have gotten fairly passionate with some of the political threads. If anyone has been offended consider this as an apology and an open invitation to pm me so we can discuss it.

Couldn't agree more, especially with the political threads, I got to the point were I wouldnt read them because they were negative. Again THANKS! Cap:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

This all sounds good to me!

The Org is my "escape" from the mental beatdown that I endure every day at work. I come home and log on to cheer up and hopefully get a good laugh.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back