Preferred Pistol of the Mexican Drug Cartels

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
My buddy sent me this link, Interesting, I never knew about this pistol, (looks like the whole point is to penetrate body armor) anyone have any more info to add?

Link:

FN FIVE-SEVEN

five7.gif

Last edited:
sweetness. one more reason why i went to school for law enforcement instead of border patrol. Some things are just illogical, like me not being able to get hi cap mags or a folder stock durring the first assault weapons ban, but people get these things. The intent was not made to go through vests, but it is an added bonus for anyone willing to pull a pistol on an officer.

Afgans and Iraq insurgents have had these for a few years. That's why the Military is changing to the New Armor (already in Afgan) for protection. And Yes, it will penetrate the old armor, but NOT the new stuff :cheerleader:

Down side: You have to be very near your target, as the bullets impact psi falls off very quickly.

It's quite the nasty little round, no doubt about that and has been around for years. I've handled one but never fired one. I never could get past the price tag for something that I really didn't have a need for.

The velocity is what makes it so devastating to body armor. 2350 fps with a 32 grain bullet. I can get close to that out by dropping a 9x25 dillon barrel in my 10mm, it will fire a 90 grain speer gold dot bullet at 2100 fps.

Even through the hard Plates?

Depends on what class vest your wearing. The New vest have Titanium plates which the Special Ops use in Afgan. And according to them, it is the only vest they have that will stop this round from close range. Of course if your wearing a 1" steel plate (aviation type vest), I doubt this bullet would penetrate. But then, you would look liks Arnold S. , with a BIG S on your T-Shirt and no one would mess with you anyway :laugh:

Just STAY SAFE Projekt ! Don't let'em get that close (I know, easier said than done) !

Also, the Mexicans are using these for assassinations, eliminating body guards and taking out Army Patrols with head shots. And yes, it will penetrate the Helmets with ease, from up close. But a body shot without armor is not a really good use for these bullets. They penetrate way too fast and can pass through the body without doing instant major damage unless you hit major body organs for an instant Kill (or Knock Down ability), at their speed. That's why a slower round is better for penetration AND body damage. Remember the real damage is done by this projectile AFTER it has expended most of it's energy passing through the Armor. As most know, the .45 was designed with a slow projectile, large body bullet mass and speed for KNOCK DOWN abilities on Drugged up Mora's in the Philippiens.:beerchug:

Depends on what class vest your wearing. The New vest have Titanium plates which the Special Ops use in Afgan. And according to them, it is the only vest they have that will stop this round from close range. Of course if your wearing a 1" steel plate (aviation type vest), I doubt this bullet would penetrate. But then, you would look liks Arnold S. , with a BIG S on your T-Shirt and no one would mess with you anyway :laugh:

Just STAY SAFE Projekt ! Don't let'em get that close (I know, easier said than done) !

Also, the Mexicans are using these for assassinations, eliminating body guards and taking out Army Patrols with head shots. And yes, it will penetrate the Helmets with ease, from up close. But a body shot without armor is not a really good use for these bullets. They penetrate way too fast and can pass through the body without doing instant major damage unless you hit major body organs for an instant Kill (or Knock Down ability), at their speed. That's why a slower round is better for penetration AND body damage. Remember the real damage is done by this projectile AFTER it has expended most of it's energy passing through the Armor. As most know, the .45 was designed with a slow projectile, large body bullet mass and speed for KNOCK DOWN abilities on Drugged up Mora's in the Philippiens.:beerchug:

WOOOHOOO my Glock 36 (.45ACP) is still good for Drugged up Morons, I mean Mora's:thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

When I got my CCW my instructor had one, don't remember if it was this brand.

Hmm I could just see that thing going off and passing through the someone then through the walls of my house and eventualy going through my neighers home as well ???

I bet it wont last 4 inches shot into water???

Last edited:
Back