Looking to buy a BUSA So. CAL

SeanThaBarber

Registered
Hey guys I am looking to buy a BUSA in So. CAL. I have been ALL over Craigslist looking and Cycle Trader. I have been reading everything on here I can from; what year to get, to the subframe recall, to stock vs custom. There are a few bikes in the Bakersfield and Visalia Area that I am interested in. I have a few questions, anybody in the area willing to get paid to come checkout the bike and what should I be looking for as far as warning signs not to buy the bike? The bikes years I have been looking at are 02'-06' what type of price should these bikes be at? I just want to make sure I don't over pay.

Any and ALL help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Oh yeah I am switching from and R1 to the BUSA is there anything I need to beware of?

Thanks

There have been quite a few Gen1's on here for sale that were damn near mint condition with less than 15k miles and priced around $5,500 and they couldn't sell.... So that should give you an idea of how much you should pay. For some reason Stealerships and these CL scam artists feel a Gen1 busa is worth 6 or 7 grand which is absolutely ridiculous considering the fact there are a ton of Gen2 busas for sale right now priced between $7500 to 8grand :whistle:

Have patience and keep looking for the right deal, trust me they are out there :beerchug:

Thank You for the reply.......I will keep shopping I have found a few Gen 1's one was around $4000 but he said that there was a malfunctioning fuel restrictor on the bike that was for racing. He would take off $250 if I still wanted the bike......not sure I want to go that route. Going to keep shopping.

Back