65th anniversery...December 7, 1941.

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Just putting a reminder out there to pay your respects and don't forget those that lost their lives and loved ones at Pearl Harbor, Dec. 7, 1941.

IMG_0409.JPG

The wife on the way there...only taxis they had were limos.

IMG_0402.JPG

(Superbusa @ Dec. 05 2006,15:14) good post
I know we have a lot of vets and active here...my wife's father is a retired full bird AF Colonel and my grandfather served on a destroyer in the Pacific in WWII.

In 91' during the first Gulf War I enlisted to enter OCS-Marines after college, but didn't commit when I graduated 3 years later.  Who knew it would only last two weeks?  What a life changing decision.  I'd likely be over there right now.  Nothing but respect youz guyz.

A "thank you" shout out to whomever deleted my pic for me.
bowdown.gif

I would love to go to Hawaii and visit these sites.

Also the beaches for a relaxing day with a Pina Colada.

Over_Easy...when did you visit the island? I was stationed in Hawaii for 4.5yrs, participated in a couple of the PH Rememberance Ceremonies. A little to crazy a place to be riding motorcycles now that the track has closed down though. Maui on the other hand, beautiful place to ride.
Nice pics BTW.

(CAT3 @ Dec. 05 2006,16:02) Over_Easy...when did you visit the island?  I was stationed in Hawaii for 4.5yrs, participated in a couple of the PH Rememberance Ceremonies.  A little to crazy a place to be riding motorcycles now that the track has closed down though.  Maui on the other hand, beautiful place to ride.  
Nice pics BTW.
We left just before the earth quake about 2+ months ago. Stayed in Maui, Big Island, and a day in Oahu before leaving for the mainland.

Maui and Big Island had some great roads to ride...we had a Jeep as our substitute. I wouldn't ride the rented Harleys w/out all my gear.

Here's a pic from the mountain roads (3,000+ ft. elevation) on Big Island.

IMG_0341.JPG

I was starving and the wife busted me while snagging some local fruit growing in a grove along the side of the road.

IMG_0330.JPG

Okay, okay, last one.

Pic from the backdeck of our cottage we rented on Big Island (Waipio Valley).

IMG_0318.JPG

Back