Thinking about ditching the CA integrated

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I have had my CA integrated tail/brake/turn signal assy since June. I have to send it back to them because some of the LEDs have gone out and some are flickering. They say they will repair/replace no prob, no questions asked.

I don't want to go thru this every 4 months (not sure that I will) but I was looking for some inputs on undertails (with pics) if possible. Please include how big of a PITA it was to install and how much storage room was lost. Thanks in advance.

Don

pic1

mototek1.jpg

How much room did you lose and how big of a pain was it to install?
Does it come painted to match?

Don

leme go snap a picture for you of what it looks like now, I have all the plastic's still off. I had the bike painted a nice metalic silver. So its not on right now, but 1 sec and Ill get these pictures to you from the storage loss. And yes, mine was a perfect color match when it came in the mail.

(V8N3T @ Oct. 21 2006,17:49) leme go snap a picture for you of what it looks like now, I have all the plastic's still off. I had the bike painted a nice metalic silver. So its not on right now, but 1 sec and Ill get these pictures to you from the storage loss. And yes, mine was a perfect color match when it came in the mail.
Awesome thanks. How close was the color match when you ordered yours?

Don

sorry the pictures arent any clearer. I took them with my cell phone lol. But the color match was 100% the same. Just make sure you order the right color. But I got the Mototek instead of the TopGun or UFO because I like the way it looks with the intergrated blinkers. Tail light is plenty bright stock, and the blinkers. And the good thing is, you can swap the L.E.D's with biger ones if you wanted.

Here are some pics i took a while back of the "trunk space" with a mototeck undertail... There is more room than you might think...

busatrunk1.jpg

busatrunk2.jpg

busatrunk3.jpg

busatrunk4.jpg

and of course the installed shot...

mototeckundertailangle.jpg

Glad to see this post as I'm having problems with my CA light. I'm gonna e-mail them today to see what kind of crap I'm gonna have to go through to get it replaced.
I do like that mototek undertail though !

Interesting...my CA tail light went goofy within the first couple of days. They sent me a new one ASAP and I'm on my second one now with no problems.

lurk.gif

E-mailed them today and got this reply.

If you send us your light we will send your a new light once we get your light.

Best Regards,

Sales
Clear Alternatives
6171 McLeod Drive, Suite B
Las Vegas, NV 89120
1-866-CLR-LENS
1-702-293-0537 (Outside US)

I hope this goes as smooth as this seems.
rock.gif

Back