I rode a 14 tonight

... and take off that tank bag in the next set of pics so I can see the tank!
tounge.gif

Look'in sweet GPW!  
bowdown.gif

And now that ya got that body in killer shape?...whatcha gonna do about....."that face"?
laugh.gif

Seriously man...i've put the best part of my creative side forward and...i'm at a loss...but sump'in needs to be done...i just haven't envisioned anything that could help yet.
rock.gif

Cool grills and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

i just saw a red 14 this morning on the pike heading into work. i have to be honest, what a nice lookin' machine. gpw, your project bike looks great! i like the red line touch on those bland plastic "grills". too bad you didn't keep the dual cans. that's my only gripe.
super.gif

Thanks guys, it means more coming from you guys than other 14 owners. Thanks for putting the mod hat on with me. Still work to do. Just installed my quick shifter. Had to drill into the frame but it all worked out.

(JINKSTER @ Sep. 14 2006,15:48) Look'in sweet GPW!  
bowdown.gif

And now that ya got that body in killer shape?...whatcha gonna do about....."that face"?
laugh.gif

Seriously man...i've put the best part of my creative side forward and...i'm at a loss...but sump'in needs to be done...i just haven't envisioned anything that could help yet.
rock.gif

Cool grills and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I have a concept. Let me tweak it a little more. A good wind screen would be a major help. I have five coming to play with.

(05 Busa LE @ Sep. 14 2006,15:26) ... and take off that tank bag in the next set of pics so I can see the tank!  
tounge.gif
Will do, next group of pics should be with the Galespeed wheels on and the TRI-Metal rear sprocket and Titanium Gold chain. Hopefully the windscreens get here soon. Also adding a Reaper undertail.

your 14 is beautiful! For the front end, hell maybe replace the stock headlights with angel eye lights? Seen a few pics of r1's with 'em and they add to the "stare" effect. Forget pretty, make that bike look psychotic from the front.
AAAssjani.gif
super.gif

Looking tight!!

If I had to get one mine would be Black..But the changes You made are simple but effective!!

beerchug.gif

(GPW @ Sep. 14 2006,14:51) WELL HERE ARE SOME DAYTIME SHOTS:

ZX-142006ModBlog112.jpg

ZX-142006ModBlog113.jpg

ZX-142006ModBlog114.jpg

ZX-142006ModBlog115.jpg

ZX-142006ModBlog117.jpg

ZX-142006ModBlog118.jpg
That is without a doubt the best looking 14 I've seen.

What exactly was done with the grills to get that look? I don't know what the material is or how the grills are molded or shaped.

After seeing what you've done with that bike and how it's turning out I'm going to look at one now. It was the appearance that steered me away from them before.

Very very nice!

(hayazuki @ Sep. 15 2006,02:18)
(GPW @ Sep. 14 2006,14:51) WELL HERE ARE SOME DAYTIME SHOTS:
That is without a doubt the best looking 14 I've seen.

What exactly was done with the grills to get that look? I don't know what the material is or how the grills are molded or shaped.

After seeing what you've done with that bike and how it's turning out I'm going to look at one now. It was the appearance that steered me away from them before.

Very very nice!
To get yours looking like his = $$$$

Stock, the 14 is one ugly bike. But what GPW did with his is amazing! If Kawasaki made the stock bike look like GPW's modded bike... they'd probably be selling a lot more of them!

Thanks for the support guys, on the grills it is just paint. Light sanding and lot of clear coat for the shine. I am getting a better set of mirrors and a new windscreen hopefully that helps out the front. I am stuck with the lights. The lights look better when the are on.

cool.gif
Observation...you love those nature shots huh G? One of them looked like hide-n-seek peeking around the tree.

I'd have to look at a stock 14 to know what you've changed but it looks good nonetheless.

laugh.gif
...ask and ye shall receive huh G? Thank you sir. Nice work. I thought that side panel (grill) was different.

Nice change from the black lowers to the red. Do you plan to put screens in the uppers like you have the lowers?

(BiG-T @ Sep. 21 2006,10:17)
laugh.gif
 ...ask and ye shall receive huh G?  Thank you sir.  Nice work.  I thought that side panel (grill) was different.

Nice change from the black lowers to the red.  Do you plan to put screens in the uppers like you have the lowers?
Its not a flush fit for screens. I think its too big of an area to screen in, it would look tacky and this thing needs to vent some engine heat.

(BigBSBusa @ Sep. 14 2006,14:54) That two-tone look is nice!  Eases the pain of seeing just the grills!
laugh.gif
 Seriously, looks good that way and I think a solid red would be overkill, but who knows.  What about those on the front fender?
+1
That is one nice looking bike man. Good job. I can't wait to see your next set of pics.

(BABYBUSA01 @ Sep. 21 2006,13:48) i can't get over those grills and the chain guard!  
bowdown.gif
thank you Sir! Need my wheels now!!! 9 more days! :: I I finally broke down and purchased my own spray gun. Going to paint the front lower forks gunmetal silver to match the wheels. My new windscreen from MRA was shipped yesterday. My new reaper undertail and backdraft rear turn signals should be here in a week. I also got a Tri-Metal sprocket and Titanium chain from Sidewinder ready to mount, going up to a 43 tooth rear sprocket. Mounted the Dynojet quickshifter. Right now its tuned to 186.9 hp & 107 foot pounds of torque. I also made my own custom high flow air filter out of foam from the K&N site and a re-map should get me more ponies. This has been a fun bike. Almost done and I think the Gixxer 1K is my next project. Stay tuned. Oh yeah DJ "Sageronin" purchased "Thor" my project Busa. THor left here crying but I will see him for his monthly service in my at home shop. This sheet is fun!!!! Who ever ends up with this 14 is going to have one nice ride.
smile.gif

Back