Omslaw tearing around the track!

It was a great day! Got kinda hot later in the day - but it was fun!

I need to get the video's converted to WMV and I'll get them posted for anyone interested.

Enjoy!

Great picks man. Man I wish I could have made it you making me jealous. Omslaw that's not leathers you wearing is it?

I've got a Joe Rocket 2pc textile suit. It's fully armored/padded and has the velcro patch for the knee pucks

Here's a couple more:

Front strips about gone - much better than the earlier pic...

P6180026__Small_.JPG

Heh - I'm not sure I'll try to get any lower from now on...

Battle Scar from too much lean:

P6180023__Small_.JPG

Oh, BTW - for anyone interested, I was (am) running Sportec M1's. They handled really well on the track - I never felt like they were gonna slide - they were sticking really well.

I may try a set of Powers, but 95+% of my riding is commuting...on KS roads! I really don't see twisties all that often.
down.gif
(sigh - I miss the Dragon!)

<!--EDIT|omslaw
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150760048 -->

The night before the track day we stopped thru KC for some good steaks at the HERFERD HOUSE and got more than we bargined for:

Trailer Tire + curb check = 5 extra hours
biggrin.gif

tireblo.JPG

so we took it off, unloaded my Busa since it was on the right side of the trailer weighing it down, and I had a wonderful night ride from south KC to upper north KC where we bothered some friends to assist in a midnight tire changing event

trailer.JPG

one of the guys owned an 05 Busa he had just gotten 2 months ago. I reminded him to always wear his helmet... but forgot to mention the ORG... I was pretty tired

busa.JPG

so we rolled into town WAY late, and my buddy wanted something to calm his nerves but in KS they stop selling beer at 10pm or some nonsense!! So, we found a spot to oblige just down the street from the Quick Shop that DID sell beer. I waited in the hummer while my buddy went in and gulped a brew down. hmmmmm it took longer than 10 minutes ? ? ?

baby.JPG

while I sat there, I was able to take a pic of my late dinner / early breakfast. exciting huh?

breakfast.JPG

Omar and his track riding friends. The guy in the middle took the Busa around the track in the ADVANCED session once and I think he's ready to get one now
smile.gif

3amigos.JPG

another excellent track day at Heartland Park and a great sunset on the way home. I'll be down there 2 or 3 more times this summer if anyone wants to give the track thing a go.

Omar, great riding with you! I will zip up all the pics in a MEGA email for you very soon. Sorry about your fairing scrape. Guess I should have warned you about that. After seeing my buddy slide out on Powers, noticing the less than optimal profile, I'm not interested in trying them now. them seem "greasy" when heated to me now - however I did NOT ride on them, just seemed that wasy from a far. I'm now on the METZ M3s and they are good enough. I'll do a review after I get some more street miles on them. I had them put on and went strait to the track

sunset2.JPG

so we rolled into town WAY late, and my buddy wanted something to calm his nerves but in KS they stop selling beer at 10pm or some nonsense!! So, we found a spot to oblige just down the street from the Quick Shop that DID sell beer. I waited in the hummer while my buddy went in and gulped a brew down. hmmmmm it took longer than 10 minutes ? ? ?
Eh, what's this about a hummer, Greg?
biggrin.gif

Eh, what's this about a hummer, Greg?
biggrin.gif
I had that one coming! hahahahha

Back