Torque specs

busa_bill

Life - tastes like chicken!
Donating Member
Registered
Since I'm doing the 1st service myself, I need to go over the bolts. Didn't see anything in the owners manual except for the rear axle torque spec. Anybody have a link for what needs to be checked, and what torque to take em to?

Thanks

I found them down in that big azz pdf file down in technical.
I'd print the whole thing if it wasn't over 500 pages

I'd suggest you pick up a technical manual from your dealer. If you are going to work on your scooter, you'll find it may be the best $70 you'll spend?

Since I'm doing the 1st service myself, I need to go over the bolts. Didn't see anything in the owners manual except for the rear axle torque spec. Anybody have a link for what needs to be checked, and what torque to take em to?

Thanks
I can email you the specs. Large files!!

PM email address.

hogger...

Hey Hogger. How about the spec for the block bolts that hold the pair valve assembly bracket? I took them out when I should have left the bracket. But the bracket was just dead weight. I took them to 38lb. First by feel then a little with the torque.
Yes I used thread lock.

Hey Hogger. How about the spec for the block bolts that hold the pair valve assembly bracket? I took them out when I should have left the bracket. But the bracket was just dead weight. I took them to 38lb. First by feel then a little with the torque.
Yes I used thread lock.
I looked but could not find the spec. The bolts on the pair valve tubes next to the exhaust ports are listed at 7 foot pounds but not the bracket it's self.

I don't think yours are going anwhere at 38 foot pounds!

hogger...

The bracket next to the oil filter.
The 2 bolts are 12mm bolts about 2 1/2" long.
I dont want them to tight or not enough. I was guessing.

The bracket next to the oil filter.
The 2 bolts are 12mm bolts about 2 1/2" long.
I dont want them to tight or not enough. I was guessing.
have a picture?

hogger...

117_1730.JPG

No. At work and just found out I will be here another Fn 8.
In your pic there just above the oil filter. The bolts going up into the block.

PM your email addy and I'll send you three large files with torque specs.

hogger...

this one and the one to the right.
And nice finished floor.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: "diff pic"|1148699975 -->

post_6_99502_117_1730paint.jpg

I think he's talking about this one!
See the pic, i circled the one i think???
The info is located on page 3-97 of the shop manual!

Shop manual Link

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148702016 -->

post_6_99502_117_1730paint.jpg

They bolt the lower part of the block to the upper block. When pulled out a little oil was on them so I know they had to go back in.

Thank you guy's. Hogger, GIXERHP and thanks to NICKSLICK for that download. USB jumpdrive works great here.

Yes on page 3-97 it steps up to 36lb's
Think I'm safe with the 38lb's I put to them.

Back