Missing something here?

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
I don't recall removing these and cant find in the online microfiche. It looks like they where there but they are not in my 2 parts trays.

Did the factory install wrong size and they fell out or did I misplace? The 2 holes in the hinged bracket.

tank_mount_bracket.jpg

Good question....if you no answer is provided by the time I get home I'll look at mine and let you know.

Cool. And congrats on the levers. Post pic. Interested in how they look on the 06LE.

There should definitely be bolts there. If you had the tank off I'd say you misplaced them because it does appear that the finish is scuffed and the bolts were there at one time.

There should definitely be bolts there.  If you had the tank off I'd say you misplaced them because it does appear that the finish is scuffed and the bolts were there at one time.
I know, but marks are a little off. And I have 2 large magnetic parts trays I put everything in. I don't belive I misplace only these 2 bolts. Yes I am confused. It's possible but I just don't know. They are the only ones missing and not on ronayers.com microfiche.

I used TMS's site looked at the seat and tank and there are not any bolt shown in thoes spots.

Yeah...you're missing two bolts.

(forgive me for the horrible pics....I guess my next mod needs to be a better camera)

IM000581__Medium_.JPG

Here's a blurred pic of the bolt.

I used a 12mm socket to get it off.

(bolt on left)

IM000582__Medium_.JPG

Sound right but they are the only 2 not in the part trays. I fugged up.

Just missing. 8mm thread with a 12 mm head. About 3/4 to 1".
I will be stopping at the local hardware store. I have no idea how but still the only 2 missing. Oh well.

Back