Sutter buttes

ozz

Donating Member
Registered
Went for a ride today with a couple friends and we rolled over to what is called the Sutter Buttes. The Buttes are the smallest mountain range in the world. The range is actually circular with a diameter of 10 miles and covers 75 square miles.

The mountains are the remnants of a old volcano that has been dormant for one million years. The highest peak is 2,117 ft. above sea level. Before modern levees and dams were built to contain the rivers, winter storms and spring run-off frequently turned the sacramento valley into an inland sea making the buttes an island refuge for indians, settlers , and wildlife.

The buttes rise with astonishing suddeness out of the sacramento valley..........and if your on a busa they rise even faster

Were start'in to get close.......

race.gif

Sutter_buttes_47__2_.jpg

This guy sure has a nice home just awsome country thru here most is private land to.

Sutter_buttes_71__2_.jpg

opps the train is off the tracks poor guy's have alot work ahead of em.

sutter_buttes_82__2_.jpg

last one......ya I know, there's alot of pics with my bike in it but I just love her and want to share
biggrin.gif

Sutter_buttes_75__2_.jpg

Hey thanks alot guy's
biggrin.gif
here's one more for ya.....the Bear River.......

sutter_buttes_89__2_.jpg

NICE! I did a tour through there with a car club last spring in my 68 Chevelle, and have yet to take the busie thru there, I better get on it before it gets hot. I'm in Chico only 45 minutes away, give me a hollar next time if ya want another busa with ya. Thanx - Kent

NICE!  I did a tour through there with a car club last spring in my 68 Chevelle, and have yet to take the busie thru there, I better get on it before it gets hot. I'm in Chico only 45 minutes away, give me a hollar next time if ya want another busa with ya.  Thanx - Kent
Sounds good
smile.gif

Hey Kent, do you ever do the Feather River canyon?...I mean I'm sure you do but I've only done it once and want to go again this summer when the snow melt's, that way I can hit 89 and loop back home. Maybe we could met up and ride it......on a different note, my uncle used to own the denny's next to the old thearter (that two story one). I lived in Chico a long long time ago........Rob

Back