~~ sunday ride on route 66 ~~

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
Greetings.

Although not as exciting as Pashnits picture tours I decided to get out a little bit and stretch the Busa.

The longest stretch of Route 66 is in Arizona. From Seligman to Topock Arizona. The first weekend in May there will be hundreds of classic cars flooding the highway. Next week is the Laughlin River Run with 70,000 motorcycles expected.

Here are some pictures from my neck of the woods. Not the best photographer but pictures none the less.

The first couple of pictures is in Oatman it's self. There were many gold mines at one time. The state of Arizona stated at one time they have no idea how many mine shafts there are. Thousands of them.

This is the Hotel where Clark Gable and Lana Turner spent there honeymoon many years ago. This was the only way to get to California.

hogger...

118_1837.JPG

this is the top of the climb. Where I live is 550 feet above sea level. This is 3550 feet.

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145821604 -->

118_1844.JPG

I'll try to catch the action next week. Preferably the women!

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145821822 -->

118_1851.JPG

still wide open out West. Unfortunatly it is becoming more crowed as the years go by. Problem is water. There is only so much and we went over 120 days without rain this winter. Not good. Remember, average rainfall is around 4.5 inches here.

hogger...

118_1853.JPG

Back