My new busa

BigGeorge

BigGeorge
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys:

Great community you have here. I've actually been reading posts for about 2-weeks while I contemplated buying a 2006 Busa from my local dealer.

Can anyone tell me of any issues I should be aware of mechanically with the 2006? He also has a 2006 limited... is there any advantages to the limited other than color? Finally, I noticed that the Suzuki website shows the Busa with a seat cowl... does it come with one, or is it an extra charge, or is it up to the dealer to provide it for free? I'm getting some mixed answers on that one.

Thanks again!
G

The LE has a painted frame and is usually a solid color (except this year) and is the same bike as far as i know.
The bike should come with the hump, rear seat, and grab bar from the dealer.

Haven't heard anything mechanically on the 06 bikes
The only thing I know of (and have experienced) is a false neutral between 5th and 6th gear. This goes away by end of break in tho.

<!--EDIT|xzvs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145325047 -->

I don't know of any mechanical issues with the Bike. The only real issue is those light reflectors slow you down by at least 5 MPH
wow.gif
. So you need to ditch'em ASAP
laugh.gif

Seat cowl
rock.gif
, I have an 06 and I'am not sure what your talking about  
down.gif

Yeah man the stuff you mentioned come wit the bike! Also you might what to verify the price of the bike also!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Be sure to post up some pics of your new busa. If a dealer tries to charge you extra for the hump, pass seat and grab rail they are ripping you off.

Yeah... I meant the hump. I would hope that the dealer doesn't want to loose $10,000+ because of this. I'm trying to get an early appointment for a fender eliminator... those reflectors are not a good look at all; at least in my opinion. And thanks for the info on the limited. I'm not a fan of white, but if there was some benefit I might have considered it. I'm going black/gray... with some chrome mods later after my wallet stops bleeding!

-G

I went back to the dealer today and the hump is included... so now I can rest a little easier knowing that when the rear seat isn't blessed by my wife's butt, it's being protected
biggrin.gif

I 've been debating having them install chrome grips and chrome bar ends before I pickup the bike. My concern is the chrome grips during the HOT summer months and perhaps getting caught in a shower... I'm wondering if they'd be too slippery even with gloves. Any input would be appreciate before I spend money for something that looks good but isn't effective.

I'm looking for some input on helmet choices, too... especially the Scorpions. I'm offered a good deal on helmets through the dealer. I'm able to get 2 Scorpion EVO Octanes:
http://www.scorpionusa.com/images/products/4-oct-blk.jpg
at a pretty low price. And they weren't pushing them at me... I had a bunch of choices, but these seemed very comfortable.

Thanks!
-G

Congrats, and welcome! I say buy her stock, break her in, then if the mood strikes, hit the mods (which, from the awesome Honda pic, is in the Busa's future ...).

far as 06 goes just rember that the grey/blue is the fastest!
biggrin.gif

welcome to the board

<!--EDIT|ranman
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145398332 -->

DSCF0223.JPG

Welcome to the Org & good luck on the purchase!

Make sure you post up some pics!

Oh yes, most definitely lose the reflectors and stickers when you get you new Busa. You've picked a great color also! Being paranoid and only doing things to my bike that I know how to do, i would NEVER allow someone at the dealers to install something like grips, guaranteed they'll screw something up! Leave her stock until you break her in. Drive your new ride home and read the Owner's Manual cover to cover BEFOR going out for a joy ride. The first thing I did was adjust out that slack in the throttle so that when you twist the wrist, she's instant on! Typically from the dealer your tire pressure will be low and that also goes for the idle. 42/42 for those stock BT56 tires and 1200 +/- for the idle. Get your oil and filter now and change both at no more than 500 miles, sooner if you're hard on the break in period! Keep all receipts and do period maintenace like the 600 mile service and save big bucks and at the same time get to know your ride on a personal basis. Oh yes, clean and lube that chain and check the tension at no more than 300 miles! I could go on and on, I love my Busa, but I'll cut you some slack and bail out of here now!
smile.gif

Cheers and welcome!

Welcome aboard...

I actually own the best 'Busa [06 LE]. Believe the hype... Just rolled 2000 Miles and no complaint's.

Welcome to the board. There is no better place on the planet to find out anything you could imagine about this amazing machine.

Buy up and then Post up!

Back