Crashed d@mnit

maoz

Registered
Well to make a long story short, I was riding home from the motorcycle dealership after picking up a few quarts of oil and an oil filter for my blue/silver 01 Busa. I was within .2 miles of my house on an extremely busy twisty two lane road. I was following a new Subaru station wagon, we were both going about 50mph. Well the old bag driving the car decided she wanted to turn aburptly onto a side road and slammed on the brakes. Well I grabbed my brakes but it was too little too late. Luckily I didn't hit the old bag's car but I did lowside my bike :cussing:

I remember hearing the RPMs rev up and then my head hitting the pavement. My Busa ended up in the road's drainage ditch and a little bit stuck out into the road. The old bag stopped and started freaking out, apologizing for stopping so aburptly. She asked if I was ok and when I said yeah she got back in the car and drove away. A gravel truck driver stopped traffic and helped me pull the big ass Busa out of the ditch (damn she is a big bird). The right side fairing is trashed but luckily the tank and rear fairing is fine. The right stock exhaust can is trashed too. I need a new right fairing, headlight fairing, and front wheel fairing. I also need a new right mirror and exhaust can. The left side fairing is scuffed up at the bottom but nothing so bad that I want to spend $440 to fix it, at least right now.

I also need a new helmet. My head is hurting a bit right not but the HJC helmet did its job and protected my noggin (my head hit the pavement hard). If I didn't have a helmet I would NOT be typing this here today, I promise you that. My Teknic gloves saved my hands as well. I think I can keep them. I was wearing a very thick winter Carhart jacket and it projected my torso and arms. My right knee is burised and my elbow is bruised a bit. Nothing too bad though. It could have been worse, much worse. Pictures in a little bit. :sad:

Damn, thats about what 12 memebers this season...Sorry man, Glad your typing

Picture 1

DSCF1165.JPG

I'm so sorry maoz...there have been far too many crashes around here lately... :sad:

Glad you're okay...glad the Busa wasn't completely trashed...take some Excedrin for the head, and go to sleep... :)

What's with all these people not stopping for accidents?! I can't imagine just driving off...she may not have realized what she just did, but that only shows she's not paying enough attention...

Got to admit, the Busa's pretty tough though! To have that happen, walk away and really only need to replace the fairing isn't too bad (though you probably don't think so right now)...

Good luck getting her fixed soon and back to riding!

Thanks for the support guys - it really is pretty depressing :sad: I'm just glad I didn't rear end her car, then I would have been cited for causing an accident! Damn cagers.

Got to admit, the Busa's pretty tough though!  To have that happen, walk away and really only need to replace the fairing isn't too bad (though you probably don't think so right now)...

Good luck getting her fixed soon and back to riding!
Yeah, she fired right up when I hit the starter button. I was glad for that anyway! Like you say, it could have been much worse for the bike... so I shouldn't complain too much :)

Thanks for the support guys - it really is pretty depressing :sad:  I'm just glad I didn't rear end her car, then I would have been cited for causing an accident!  Damn cagers.
If you'd rearended her, you could have been hurt quite a bit more...so glad you didn't...

damage not too bad.. I have a right side can, you pay shipping thats it.
glad your okay. good job keeping it from being worse!

Cache - thanks man, I really appreciate your help and kind words :) I'll take that can - just let me know what I owe you and I'll paypal you the money or mail out a check to you if you'd prefer that (let me know your mailing address if so). Your help is greatly appreciate :D

Sorry about the loss but glad you're OK.

That old bag should be liberated from her license - driving without consciousness. So many people tune out while driving and are completely unaware of everything around them. She obviously woke up too late for the turn and panic stopped. Unfortunately it is the follower's responsibility to leave enough space to stop. So it is not hit-and-run in your case and finding her won't do any good for you. Good thing you wear helmet and protective clothes. We all should.

you guys think frame sliders would have limited damage at all or are they only good for tip overs?

Cloud

Maoz...glad you are ok. same thing almost happened to me....I was accelerating hard out of a toll booth gate and the traffic in front of me was hitting their brakes hard. Kept the bike up and stopped on time but learned to keep big distance between me and car in front of me from then on.

Cache - thanks man, I really appreciate your help and kind words :)  I'll take that can - just let me know what I owe you and I'll paypal you the money or mail out a check to you if you'd prefer that (let me know your mailing address if so).  Your help is greatly appreciate :D
Anytime!

I'll bring the can in to work tomorrow. My parts department will package it and send via UPS to you.

email me your address, and will send it out tomorrow.
cache@hayabusa.org

Back