Todays ride

vman1300

Never Forgotten
With the beautiful East Coast weather and a rare occourance of a little free time, I took a morning trip to Deals Gap.

The wife was having a yard sale today and that left me with a "kitchen pass". For you unmarried folks that is a get out of the house pass.

I have already started prepping my Busa for the Road Atlanta track day and I just didnt feel like swaping on some street rubber. So I geared up and took the ST1100 for its 1st trip to the Gap.

The ST is a mile eating machine and I later found out, quite impressive in the twisties.

I left home around 6:45 am and made the 99.1 mile journey from my driveway to the CROT. Amazing I know exactly how far it is, lol.....

After swimming through the Fog, I meet up with a few friends I knew were staying the night at the CROT for breakfast, well actually I was banging on their door to get their lazy butts outa bed at 8:30.....

After, pancakes and bacon, and a little lie telling, I headed toward 129 Motorcycle Pit Stop on the way to Maryville. And for you attending the Bash, please stop by and say thanks to them. Jackie gave me 4 shirts to give away on Friday night.

On the way across the hill, I encountered wet roads but very clear roads. The ST will be getting the Traxxion treatment soon after this ride, but that will be another story.

On my way back from the Pitstop, I hooked up with a Triumph. Well actually he hooked up with me. I was still getting the feel for the ST on my favorite road, and motioned him by, he declined and followed me all the way to the CROT to fill up.

While I was filling my tank he walked over, introduced himself and what he said brings a smile to my face: "dont let the saddlebags fool you, you can fly".

He could not believe that this was my 1st time on the Gap on the ST. Anyway he lives close to me and I made a new friend that enjoys our great sport.

I did not take the camera with me but here are a few shots of the ST, tires when I got home and the Busa almost ready for RA.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143916799 -->

st1.jpg

Sounds like you had a good time. I was just a little south, We went to TWO and then to Helen. It was a great day for a ride.

It was a great day. I love spur of the moment trips like that.

I had thought about going but didnt make up my mind until 6am.

Back