Mounting new bodywork

what happened to the cow gixxer. looks fun and light. you going to pain it?
This IS the "cow" gixxer...just with new bodywork
wink.gif
I'm keeping the old bodywork, and I'll be patching the fiberglass so that I can keep it as a backup set.

Thanks guys
beerchug.gif

I've got a guy that's willing to paint it as long as I cover the cost of the paint. My wife works with his wife type of deal. I was contemplating building a paint booth in the garage like I have before, but I just have too much crap in there right now.

The paint scheme is just a basic single color, nothing fancy. I'm thinking about painting it an Ocean Blue metallic. Painting a race bike is kinda tricky, because you want it to look nice, but you also want it easy to match/repair if needed. Until I can find a paint shop that would be willing to sponsor me and do all my paint/bodywork, I'm going to have to keep my costs at a minimum.

The bike is pretty much stock engine wise, but I had it checked over the winter, and it's in great shape. Especially considering it's a 1998. The bike has been upgraded with SS brake lines, EBC HH pads, and a Penske rear shock. I also had the bike dyno tuned on the Factory Pro dyno and the frame/suspension geometry checked on the GMD Computrack machine by 4 & 6 Racing.

The bike is ready to go for the new season, but after all of this work I'm dam near too broke to pay for the track days and race entry fees. It's like a "catch-22" scenario...by the time you get the bike ready, you can't afford to ride it.
laugh.gif

Here's the color I'd like to have. (found this on the net)

suzuki_gsxr600_00_bikepics_067363sm.jpg

If you really want that furniture out of the way, let me know, It would do nice in my guest room.

I sent this same info/pics to Armour Bodies today. I had spoken with them on the phone about all of this, but figured that they may want to see pictures also.

Going to try to finish up the last bit of mounting and tweaking tonight/tomorrow. Then I'll get ahold of the painter.
cool.gif

Color choices look good man Dodge had a color similar to that on there 99 pickups if you wana check into that

BUt looks like it's comeing along nicely there STKR00 keep up the good work can't wait to see the finished product

Thanks PAC
cool.gif
I can't really do a "scheme" of any kind. The paint job is an "after hours" favor, so just a single color for now. I'm just glad I'm at least getting it painted soon.

Back