New toy for the stable. finally a way

Hey Fugly, again, I apologize for going off on that tangent. When the photo downloaded it was pretty fuzzy and I thought it was 1K instead of a 600. But man I tell you, it made chills up my spine. First thought was "That kid won't live through the summer". It was a sigh of relief when I had a second look and could see the muffler.

That 600 will be fun for him to learn on. It will still be plenty fast enough to bit him if he don't respect it but the margin for error is way wider on the 600 than on a 1000.

You are a cool dad and I admire you for investing the time and money into something so exciting for your son. I know how you feel about him as I have one just like that only older. I get a few butterflies when he is charging around the track at break neck speed but you have to let them do what they wish.

Anyway Mr. Fugly (I like that name by the way? Maybe you should post a photo
tounge.gif
) You enjoy your time with that young man and don't hold the reins tooooooo tight!

Just wonder who the bike was actually for ....Come on Dad did you just want another toy you can tell us???

Tufbusa,

It is people like you that keeps me coming back to this site. You have a passion for the sport and a love of life. You took the time to express your thoughts and concerns for a perfect stranger and I respect that.

Thanks for the complement on my name. I thought I coined the phrase some thirty years ago (a close friend and I always got out mords wixed up) I even named my dog Fugly.

Here is a picture of my Son and I with the new toy. We'll be picking it up tomorrow. Unable to get all the paper work done until late.

Joe

The_New_Toy.jpg

The Mrs. 1600 Meanstreak...

<!--EDIT|Fugly
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142381979 -->

Mom_s_meanstreak_005.jpg

Ok I am sorry but even a GSXR 600 is faster than most of the bikes you could buy 10 or 15 years ago. No way in hell I would turn a 17 year old loose on that thing unless he hit the lotto or just signed on to open for Eminem! And if he did... I'll take some of that too! Go easy!
If he is responsible enough, why not? Got a 3 yr old and when she is 16, she is getting a sportbike. Probably before she gets a car. Same thing with my unborn son. All of this as long as they are responsible enough to handle it

You've got quite the fleet there man! Where do you live with all the snow? I don't care for all the rain up here in western washington but I like the snow even less. I went out on my gixxer this afternoon for a couple of errands and bingo, got caught in a downpour. I was scrambling to get my radar detector into my coat pocket.

Is that arm from your highside or did the missis give you a lickin when she heard you were bringing that 600 home?

Fugly, nice bike's there.
Keep me in mind when you decide to mod your bikes, i sell parts.

Tufbusa, those were two funny azz posts back to back.
biggrin.gif
Not trying to piss you off, you're right on the $, but
laugh.gif

Busa #5? What the hell, are you eating them?

<!--EDIT|diesel
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142391496 -->

You've got quite the fleet there man! Where do you live with all the snow? I don't care for all the rain up here in western washington but I like the snow even less. I went out on my gixxer this afternoon for a couple of errands and bingo, got caught in a downpour. I was scrambling to get my radar detector into my coat pocket.

Is that arm from your highside or did the missis give you a lickin when she heard you were bringing that 600 home?
We live on the east coast South Shore of Ma. And know my wife didn't beat me because of the gixxer, she beat me because it was her bike I high sided on.
ices_rofl.gif

Nice collection. The 800 is sweet.
Thank you... It is a nice Bike and was a great starter bike for my wife. The handle bars are a little tweeked and new mirrors are need from my adventures in High Siding. I am fixing those and selling it this spring. Frame and Forks were not damaged at all. The bike got off much better than I did
sad.gif

Very cool...if I could go back and start over as a kid I would want you as my pop...the only bike my father ever bought me was a used honda QA50 somewhere around 1972...man, now I really feel ripped off..heheheh...
tounge.gif
smile.gif

Very cool...if I could go back and start over as a kid I would want you as my pop...the only bike my father ever bought me was a used honda QA50 somewhere around 1972...man, now I really feel ripped off..heheheh...
tounge.gif

smile.gif
I was brought up the same way. I use to think it unfair but realized over time my folks offered me the best they could and if they had the opportunity maybe they would have given me things like this too. I feel fortunate to be able to provide my family the tools (toys) to become closer. We all enjoy riding together and so long as my son is a productive member of the family and society I thinks he deserves whatever I can provide. I think spending time with your kids is the greatest gift of all and this is a small investment to share more time together.

Back