Motorcycle stands possible group buy

sportrider1296

Donating Member
Registered
I posted some possible group buys a little while ago about stands and tires. Well I received my stands this morning and within 15 minutes they were assembled and the busa was in the air. Quality is top notch, steel tubing is big and strond, mandrel bent with no creases. Did I mention these are powdered coated black and not painted, wow! I bought the spool type for the back but the other is available too.

I talked with one of the guys at checkered flag motorsports and he said that he would do a group deal if I could get 10 people to each buy a set.

Regualar price shipped: $125

Group deal price shipped: $110

Pics below any questions just hit me, thanks greg

Rear stand: spool type

busa_stands_002.jpg

Great guy to deal with at Checkered Flag. He sent me some things for sponsorship last season and said he got a welder to start doing these. Seem pretty good.

Man....  Hmmmm...  I tried/began to buy a set of these last season when he was "new" and didnt.  There were too many posts/conflicts that I waited to see resolve.

This is not any attempt to spread rumors, discredit any business etc.

Personally read posts by more than 10 seperate people.  Most delt with time delays on shipping (weeks), spool model ordered w/extra "pads" for swingarm pad lift options and never recieved the "pads", Item claimed to be powdercoated and was painted.

I never read where any of these things were corrected, however I will add that the people that did get their orders were very happy with the product itself, just not happy with the customer service.  In defense I also remember checkersports were in the process of moving from one location to another and could have aided in the postings of headaches occurring.  I also recall they were banned from S.org due to issues, again unknown if this is still in effect. Unknown if the issues were Legit, but they were heard publically.

If that has all been fixed, then I need a set.  They were $125 for both front and back back then so $110.00 isnt bad at all shipped.

Someone lemmie know so I can finally order some.
But also post up if you ordered "optional" pads, etc and if you received them. Was the unit "painted" or powdercoated?

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140810682 -->

Hey guys for all those interested, I did not order the universal pads with mine, and I wanted the spool type because I feel they are safer. I presume mine are powdercoated and I sent them an email for all of you and this is what I got back:

Date: Fri Feb 24 16:04:16 2006
[ Add to Address Book | Block Address | Report as Spam ]
To: diesel59@iwon.com <diesel59@iwon.com>
Subject: Re: powder coated or painted

All the stands are powder coated
Visit us on the web at
www.checkeredflagmotorsports.net

I must say I am extremely pleased with my stand and can't believe how easy they are to use. Man I really want to kick myself in the azz for not buying these a lot earlier and making life easy for my.

As for assembly, the only thing you have to do is put the wheels on with all the hardware supplied and set-screws for the adjustable mounts. Tool list:
1/2 socket and ratchet
1/2 wrench or pliers
9/32 allen wrench for the set screws

Thats it, like I said it took 15 minutes to assembly and get the bike in the air and I have not ever had stands before.

I've possible got IceMan down for 1 set, which means we need 9 more to make this group buy possible. Its up to you guys if you want a great set of stands shipped to your door for on $110 bucks, wow I paid $125 and I'm happy
cool.gif

They have a set of spools they sell for $25 bucks and I got mine in a week from paying. keep them coming guys!!

I ordered a set last year and posted some picks on the board. At the time I paid $114 delivered.
Great stands and I wouldn't trade them for any other brand including pitbull.
They ARE powder coated and the finish is tough as nails. Only the small adjustable end pieces are painted black.

Sounds like the design has changed a little as my wheels were already installed and there are no allen screws used anywhere. Adjustments are done by loosening standard bolts.
If I recall, delivery time was like 4 or 5 days.

It's a great product at a reasonable price.

I got mine a few mos ago and they seem to work well. I got my spools at the local dealership for like $15. I took me like a month and a half to get mine and getting answers was like pulling teeth. The only small beef i had with the stands was one of the wheels was not drilled out properly and I had to do that (no biggie). You will want to coat or tape the ends for the rear stands as they are sharp and will scratch your swingarm. All in all a pretty good deal I think. Hopefully they have ironed out the supply and communication problems

my only advice is this.. (after recently completing a group buy for the mototeck undertail).. you need good communincation between you and the seller..

Be careful.. since you are putting together a group buy.. you will have to answer questions about this and that.. (i had to make several calls on behalf of the members here for my group by)

i bought these stands.. I like them.. but never once could get through the phone or email reply.. was quick and cheap.. but i would not want to be the group buy coordinator..

good luck

I got mine a few mos ago and they seem to work well. I got my spools at the local dealership for like $15. I took me like a month and a half to get mine and getting answers was like pulling teeth. The only small beef i had with the stands was one of the wheels was not drilled out properly and I had to do that (no biggie). You will want to coat or tape the ends for the rear stands as they are sharp and will scratch your swingarm. All in all a pretty good deal I think. Hopefully they have ironed out the supply and communication problems
What part of the stand is scratching your swingarm?
Mine latch onto the spools and nothing comes even close to touching the swingarm.

Back