Help for touring...

Geezzzzz  
wink.gif
, if you take half as much stuff as everybody is telling you, I hope your riding a Goldwing with attached trailer  
laugh.gif

Be suprised on how much you can pack in a tank bag and some tourmaster saddle bags..

Oh yeah, besides this, quoting myself,

"Just the best towing service period, just in case."

http://www.rvroadhelp.com/rvroadhelp/

No one ever remembers hand lotion. Yep, I said it. Ever wear gloves all day for 7-10 days in a row? Look me up when you're in the area. I know (all) the tree lined two lanes!

Ok so i'm starting to prep for my trip in the late spring.  Cali to NY.  This will be my first long drive on the bus' and i'd like some info on the must have items that all you tourers carry with you.

post um up, thanks.
heres an idea... me and the wife can carry enough stuff for about a week...
smile.gif
listen to everyone else also these guys are good and wont steer you wrong

DSCN0938.JPG

another w/everything... also a large expandable tank bag... dont see it in this pic but they are nice

DSCN0939.JPG

find out if there are any motorcycle repair shops along your way.. get their numbers and address.. or maybe some repair buddies... also let everyone know when to expect you... so might help to get some kind of chatterbox or music thingie into your helmet...

have fun.. get their safe hopefully.. are you going to the dragon? (in Smoky Mountains)

I went all the way around the country with saddle bags and a tank bag. I had a small tent, blanket, chatterbox & radio, 12v outlet w/cig lighter outlet, rain gear, chian lube, tire repiar kit, first aid kit, I wish I had a throttlemister. I saw 39 statesand did 9000 miles in a month (5 days at stugis and 7 day at my moms in Va.). I had a blast and you should to . the biggest thing is be prepaired for the weather ! It changes fast in the middle states .

Gulf coast states can have a habit of short afternoon showers depending on the time of year.

if you happen to come through near the Dothan, AL area let me know and we can grab a bite to eat. also i can also point you to some good shops in the area in the event of trouble.

Don't forget pain relievers and I also recommend ear plugs. For me it is amazing how loud things get, even with a quiet helmet, after a few hundred miles.

Back