Looking for Paint & Bodywork Input

Looking for Paint & Bodywork Input - What to do with Ole Big Red?

• Stock Bodywork and Painted Red ('04 LE Red)

Votes: 36 100.0%
  • Stock Bodywork and Painted Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Catalyst Turbo Bodywork w/ 8" over tail Painted Red

• Catalyst Turbo Bodywork w/ 8" over tail Painted Black

• Something else... see my comments below

• Total voters

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
Big Red is in need of some cosmetic TLC.
I have long since wanted to paint her Black.
And since she is more of a straight liner, I've though about going with the long & low aftermarket bodywork.

However, even though I was not overly excited about the Red to begin with, it has grown on me.

What are your thoughts and suggestions.... Pics are welcomed and highly encouraged.

Thanks all!

You see tiny scratches with black... VERY fun... alot of waxing you will be doing
biggrin.gif
+1

Just use a combo of red and black and use low slung bodywork. That will give you the best of everything you want!
wink.gif

I would go with a Corvette or GM pewter. Or a deep candy red, both solid. Its a small world, I was there when Jim Carruso was painting the Black Busa above and I was also at the show the pic was taken.

Yeah Black is the color for me.
biggrin.gif
Go with Black and some killer checker flag graphics...

DSC00363.JPG

black is great and all but man...so much wiping and cleaning, waxing...bro..your bike is BIG RED....repair her and leaver her be...just keep her purring like you have and like you said...the red has grown on you...it was ment to be!

black is great and all but man...so much wiping and cleaning, waxing...bro..your bike is BIG RED....repair her and leaver her be...just keep her purring like you have and like you said...the red has grown on you...it was ment to be!
Here's on of my favorite pics of Ole' Girl
smile.gif

BikePics.com

Here's a pic of the Turbo Bodywork in Black:

BikePics.com

I will say either keep her RED or go custom.

I have the Black and it looks good when it's clean but that's for about 5-minutes. It is HELL to keep up with. To much work.

To many ideas out there for a custom job so good luck on choosing what you want....
blush.gif

I would go with a Corvette or GM pewter. Or a deep candy red, both solid. Its a small world, I was there when Jim Carruso was painting the Black Busa above and I was also at the show the pic was taken.
LOL, you and that pewter color. When are ya gonna finally do it Grab?

Ron Ayers, complete 04' LE bodywork(tank and all) $2245.

02LE, $1945. from the same site.

I would go with the long tail but go back with red. Your bike was awesome looking would hate to see ya change it except for some improved bodywork.

Go with turbo black. But the RED IS SO LE. Thats the reason I'd let her be. How's your leg doin?

LOL, you and that pewter color. When are ya gonna finally do it Grab?
I cant get enough of it. Eveytime I see on anything fast I drool. I wouldnt do it to mine because I personally wouldn't like it unless I had a black frame. I may however keep the stock scheme and just change the colors.. Like a pewter/pearl white in my scheme. I duuno, I like the sleeper stock look on my bike.

+1
Leave her the 04 LE Red ... the color does grow on you.

Back