what oil are you running in the busa???

Mobil 1 MX4T. I use it in te Busa and my '05 Vulcan Classic 1500. Great oil but as others have said, changing it at proper intervals is probably as important as what oil you use. And I always change the filter with the oil. For another $7, it is worth it to me to have a clean filter and no dirty oil left from the old filter in the system.

I'll be impressed with Brand X oil when someone claims 150,000+ miles on a Busa engine.
+ 1

Here is my BMW engine after 230 000 miles with Mobil 1 changed every 10 000 miles...

My busa got synt as soon as I bought her.

IMG_3076s.JPG

oh one more thing, I switched to motul full synth at 2100 miles and I got this HORRID vibration from 4500 to redline. switched back to "Horse piss" and everything became buttah smooth again.

Amsoil 10w40 synthetic

Never Clutch Slipping Problems and protects the living $%@# out of your motor. Buy from there site and buy cases. Or you can pay big bucks for there oil at the dealers.
Quick question on the amsoil.

Does the XLO version now carry an OFFICIAL API rating?

I've noticed the deceptive advertising (aka clever wording) on their web site in the past about API certifications.
They go out of their way to mention the official API certification of the FEW oils they sell that actually meet that requirement.

On the rest of their product line they say things like:

<span style='color:red'>....recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

XLO 10W-40 Synthetic Motor Oil

API SM/CF, SL, SJ ...
ACEA A1/B1
JASO VTW</span>

That's nice that they "recommend it" for those specs but does the oil actually have the official certification for say API SJ?
rock.gif

Can you look at one of your bottles of XLO and tell us what it says?

If your bike or car is under warranty and suffers an internal engine failure (no matter what the cause) what's going to happen when you show the dealer a receipt for an oil that didn't meet their API specs?
Ran my old bike "2002 GSXR" to 20,000 miles. Drain plug NEVER had metal on the magnet. She ran like a beast till the day I sold her
sad.gif

Changed oil every 2k-3k Miles

Ckeck out Sportbike.com they have an article on oil very lenghthy but definetly informative and will answer all your questions.

update,  tried mobil mx4t.  man that's on slick oil.  It works wonders.  Very pricy though.  Thinking aboug going to motuol 5100 ester based 10w40.  at $20 per 4 liter that's about half the price of most of these $10 per quart super oils.

I'm sure it will be just as good as mobil1 mx4t as long as I change it every 3k.

On the bottle it says it's pure synth but what comes out of it sure doesn't look it. It looks like a blend of very thin synthetic motul etec oil and 15w50 dino oil.

<!--EDIT|busafish
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138420530 -->

in the Busa... Mobil 1 Fully synthetic 0/40 LOVE IT! no more noisy start ups.

in the Road Sofa ... Mobil 1 MX4T 20/50 in Primary and Crankcase and Mobil 1 75/90 Synthetic in the Tranny

Back