Anyone demo a Busa before buying?

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I'm curious to know how many of you bought a Busa without riding one first.

I live on the eastern shore of Maryland and the local dealer doesn't allow test rides on sport bikes. I understand their concern but it's kind of hard to lay down almost $12,000 for a bike without knowing if I'm really going to like it. Not the power mind you but the way the bike fits me, or vice versa.

Do I have high expectations about riding one first. I would like to hear your thoughts.

They don't in Lubbock Texas
wink.gif

I've seen dealers allow test rides on used bikes. I took a used Suzuki Volusia for a ride down the street at a dealer, but now a sportbike. I bought my first Busa at an East coast dealer and no way were they letting me or anyone else ride one without puttin' down the money first. They let me sit on it all day long, but it wasn't leaving the showroom floor.

i bought my busa w/ out test riding, but this site gave me enough info. in detail to be persuaded otherwise. i'll bet if you go down to that dealer w/ intent to buy, they will let you test ride that bike. you have to be a little persistant. let them know you are looking at a better price at another dealer w/ a test ride available and watch them scramble. food for thought: the new 06' busa msrp is 11,099 hagle a bit. good luck!
biggrin.gif

but you can take my word for it the bike is Great!!!! You will love it oh by the way shop around you can get one for alot less than 12000, I bought mine from Deep Creek Marina in Mchenry Md, for 9380 brought it to Texas 656 TT&L 10,036 dollars, in March, 05 blue and silver.
wink.gif

Nope, I had never even seen a Busa in person until I bought mine. Walked in ready to buy an R1, left with a Busa. I have never regretted it. That first ride did not disappoint.

I bought mine from Deep Creek Marina in Mchenry Md, for 9380 brought it to Texas   656 TT&L 10,036 dollars,  in March,  05 blue and silver.  
wink.gif
onerabidshark,

Thanks for the tip. I found their website and prices on new Busa's are below 10K.

BTW how did you get the bike to Texas.
went on a cruise out of new orleans, took my P/U down there, soon as I got back me and my nephew left new orleans, drove to Md, Picked up bike drove back here with bike in back of my toyota, about 220 worth of gas, was worth the 2000+ that I saved vs buying here, they quote 11500 plus tt&l here would have been about 12300 here BIG difference. Good people they stored it for me for 3 weeks until I made it up there. good luck pic of my rides

biketoyota.jpg

Local dealers will only allow test rides on used bikes. There were no used Busas around when I was shopping so I bought it w/o a test. No regrets!

I didnt test drive. A week after I bought mine I rode a friends who has a cam in his. I woulda never bought a Busa if I had ridden his first. OMG I was shaking afterwards. I can handle it now but that was a shock.

No test drive here either, But I drooled on it so much, they said I had to buy it.
You will not be disappointed.

I used to work at a dealership and the insurance wouldn't allow test drives. Perhaps that's a good thing too. There's no way of knowing what skill level the potential rider has (or doesn't have). Handing Busa keys to an unskilled person could be a lose-lose situation.
sad.gif

Like everyone else said above, it's a fantastic machine. You won't regret it!
tounge.gif

saw one in the paper for sale and met him in a parking lot and drove it around a bit it had been laid down but not bad it was an 04 i was really thinking about buying that bike but when i went to the stealership and saw the 05 i just fell in love with "mine" i kinnda bonded with it (i know it sounds silly but it is true) i just knew i wanted that one . she is a beauty beyond compare ; to me .
Every little scratch  every little ding and rock chip they are like growing pains for her i hurt as she does. my wife says im over the top with this busa thing  i will tell you now im no great rider like alot on here are and im no great mechanic or busa wizard like alot of the other members are . but this i will say i love my Busa more than anything in have ever owned i respect her because she can get mean as h*ll and quickly go beyond my 33 years of rideing experiance . but she can also be sweet and kind and hand another bike its a$$ while doing so .  to me the Busa is more than just a bike; it is a dream, it is freedom, it is a smile when all else is a frown, it is a falcon closeing in on its pray, it is a place in my heart, what can i say I love it.
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|race1gun
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131500870 -->

busa.jpg

Back