Iowa to Arizona and back

brother's kids. took them around the block. of course, my neice loved it and wanted to go faster.... typical girl :p

kids.JPG

he knew some great roads and also videoed me going up the next 4 lane mountin road. 4 lanes were great. 2 laners made me all tingly

dane2.JPG

we are up pretty high if you look out across the canyon. these roads were a dream come true! nice black top, VERY curvy, nothing strait. ate mexican at a restraunt in a small town and kept on riding!

DJ taking pics for some tourists

dane4.JPG

heading home. long stretch back to phoenix - and pretty windy too! It was a great ride and DJ was a great host for the local area riding.

It was great riding with you, buddy! Thanks again for taping the riding and the CDROM!!!

dane5.JPG

I'm old enough to remember when people used to shake hands and hug. There's not much humanity left to strip away, but we'll manage somehow. Soon, we will just never leave our houses.

Maybe this is more common outside the midwest, but I'm tired of politically correcty inflated paranoia about... oh well, about EVERYTHING. Lighten up, people!

This was in a grocery store. Is this common?

sanitize.JPG

went to some little baseball game..... MLB is it? sitting down front got boring so we moved to the nose bleed section

mlb.JPG

ah yesss... nothing beats the desert sun setting over a metroplin mall parking lot

sunset.JPG

The Four Peaks. Next on my list of "Do before Dieing" is climbing the highest one of them. They have been taunting me for years. One day, they will be mine... oh yes, one day

you can see them from Phoenix and many surrounding areas. This was leaving Phoenix heading for home, and God lit them up with sunbeams while wispering in my ear, "I made these for you, Greg. Enjoy them"

4peaks.JPG

zipping thru the NW corner of Texas, then across Oklahoma and into Kansas

texas.JPG

setting sun over Texas. Officially, my last trip pic. The next day was tourture from Delhart TX to Witchata KS. Winds gusting to around 40 NONSTOP and then spray a raid storm into that. It was SO white nuckled riding, it eventaully beat me and I pulled over to sit it out at a resteraunt and blew my chances of getting home in just two days. At one point, I was doing about 50 and the wind moved my front tire about 8 inches to the right. That kinda shook me up. I was leaning left into for so long a have an OFF CENTER wear spot on my tire next to the center wear spot! It was crazy. Hoteled it in ElDorado where I got 3 beds in one room for $55 and a K-Mart TV that only had 9 channels programmed - but you could access the rest directly ;). The next day, it was chilly but beautiful and almost no wind.

It was an excellent ride and I won't say I'd do it again, but I really needed to do it for me. My body hurts in odd ways from 9 - 12 hour days of riding, but the Busa never fliched and felt safe and secure the entire distance. I rode mostly at 85 - 100 indicated MPH [about 75-85 GPS] most of the way and was never bothered by Police. I set my tires at 40psi for the flexiblity of road styles.
I had a Scorpio alarm installed and it worked fine but eats remote batteries pretty quickly - then I learned to turn it off all day.
smile.gif

I didn't track anything like gas or miles or that... hey, I was on VACATION! ;) but it was at least 3000 miles round trip and add more to that for Denver and mountain roads, and a long ride while in town. The Busa MPG registered 48-50 mostly on the long stretches. Guages are off slightly but that was still pretty good for the speeds I was doing.

Thanks for watching. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
smile.gif

sunsettx.JPG

smile.gif

Awesome trip report and pics ... thanks for sharing!! Glad you had a safe and fun trip. I am sooo jealous. I've got to take the time to do my dream trip from Maryland to Florida one of these years.

Nice pics and report Greg
beerchug.gif
Glad you had a good trip.
cool.gif

Very nice pics WWJD, I'm still drooling over here
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif

<!--EDIT|busahaya
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128223449 -->

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif