Frame number help

no probs and best of luck, dood...
wink.gif
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127727646 -->

FWIW, I don't recall 2003 having a limited edition. I know there is an "Anniversary Edition", but not a limited one.

What color is the bike?
Hi PacificiBusa,

Don't forget this is a German model and not US.  European models are different to the US ones.

I've an all black 2003 LE and I'm in the UK.  You'd probably say mine didn't exist and was a scam if I described it to you :-)

As for the number Dimitris quoted - JS1A1111200114098, it IS exactly 17 characters in length.  My UK model starts with JS1A1111100105xxx.  (I've left out the last 3 digits).  Can you check if the site you are using only has US registered/imported vehicles in its database?

As for you never hearing about any restricted models.  It's a sad fact (who in their right mind would buy one?) that  French Hayabusas are restricted to 78kW / 106bhp at the crank.

2005 German models are not restricted in power.  I cannot be sure about 2003 models, but I've never heard of Germany restricting power in recent years.  They seem to restrict cars to 250 km/h (156mph) which means you can always beat them on the Autobahn :-)

A useful thing to look out for in Euro scams is photo's with reflectors on the side as in Dimitris photo from the web.  Euro models do not have these fitted. Plus different colours schemes for different years.

Good luck Dimitris, sorry I can't actually answer your question directly, but it doesn't seem like a scam either.  And if you trust the dealer...

Steve - England
I've attached a recent image of my 2003LE with 23,000 miles that doesn't exist.

Hayabusa010.JPG

SteveK,
thank you for your post and yes, you did help! a lot actually.

The bike i'm talking about is exacly the same like yours (no acrapovich ;) ).

As you and the seller said it's an LE edition, the thing is that I didn't find any label at the top yoke with the word "Limited" as I was expecting and that's when i began thinking that something may be wrong with the bike (and I must admit pacivicbusa although wanted to help didn't help at all with my worries
smile.gif
).
SteveK do you have a label at your top yoke with the word "limited"

Thanks again,
Dimitris

SteveK,
thank you for your post and yes, you did help! a lot actually.

The bike i'm talking about is exacly the same like yours (no acrapovich ;) ).

As you and the seller said it's an LE edition, the thing is that I didn't find any label at the top yoke with the word "Limited" as I was expecting and that's when i began thinking that something may be wrong with the bike (and I must admit pacivicbusa although wanted to help didn't help at all with my worries
smile.gif
).
SteveK do you have a label at your top yoke with the word "limited"

Thanks again,
Dimitris
Hi Dimitris,

The Akropovic in the photo had only travelled 30 miles, plus about the same on the dyno when the power commander, full exhaust system and K&N were fitted.  I've travelled 3000 miles since the photo was taken at the start fo the month and it's better than ever!

I fell off of mine in Italy at the start of June and it needed new exhaust cans, so the shop repairing it allowed my to use the insurance money for Suzuki cans towards the Akropovic system.  Also needed a left hand and front fairing and rear wheel/tyre plus some other smaller parts.

The top yoke does not have the word 'Limited' on it on UK spec models.  As for 2003, the LE had the black frame, the other three paint schemes still had the silver frame.

The code of the bike ends in ZK3 (as in Suzuki GSX 1300 RZK3, check the registration document)

K3 for 2003 model
Z for limited edition

You're going to LOVE the engine, unless it's French :-).

Steve

Attached.
I've just taken a photo of my top yoke.
Hayabusa is the only 'sticker' on the UK spec LE (It is a sticker and not part of the casting)
The other two are security stickers I've added.

Yoke.jpg

many thanks mate...the top yoke of the busa i'm going to buy looks exactly the same whith yours...as all thw other stuff...

so i think i'll be ok...:)

once more ,many thanks for your time...

when everything is done ,i'll post again including pictures...

cheers...

Many people, myself included, refer to all the monotone paint, black frame/arm busa's as LE's. The correct nomenclature is too random to remember exactly. Sweet bike BTW Steve, now go scream past my Mum's house willya?

Sweet bike BTW Steve, now go scream past my Mum's house willya?
Hi Mr Brown,

I'm screaming out loud right now.  Let me know if your mum heard me.

If she didn't, next time I'll try screaming while riding the Busa.

Although there has to be an easier way than this as my throat hurts and my neighbours are already complaining about me wandering around the neighbourhood screaming out for Mrs Brown.

Steve

Hi Mr Brown,

I'm screaming out loud right now.  Let me know if your mum heard me.

If she didn't, next time I'll try screaming while riding the Busa.

Although there has to be an easier way than this as my throat hurts and my neighbours are already complaining about me wandering around the neighbourhood screaming out for Mrs Brown.

Steve
ices_rofl.gif

Yeah, I see why that wouldn't work very well. try it again on the bike tomorrow, see if it helps......
Oh and her surname is Hogburn, not Brown!

Hi J,

Just read your PM (OK, I should have read it before replying... tut-tut)

Very small world indeed!

Take a look at www.thatcham-weather.info

It's dark now, but the webcam images on the site are taken less than from 12" from where I am typing.  All the weather data is also supplied by me.  So you'll be able to see the sky and temperatures of Thatcham from the other side of the Atlantic.

That will freak your mum out when you tell her what the weather is doing in her garden.  :-)

Steve

Good luck with the purchase , you should be able to tell just by riding it once if the bike has 30% less power than normal? Agree ?

Hi J,

Just read your PM (OK, I should have read it before replying... tut-tut)

Very small world indeed!

Take a look at www.thatcham-weather.info

It's dark now, but the webcam images on the site are taken less than from 12" from where I am typing.  All the weather data is also supplied by me.  So you'll be able to see the sky and temperatures of Thatcham from the other side of the Atlantic.

That will freak your mum out when you tell her what the weather is doing in her garden.  :-)

Steve
Thanks for the link, that's awesome. She'll sh!t when I talk to her tomorrow.....

FWIW, I don't recall 2003 having a limited edition. I know there is an "Anniversary Edition", but not a limited one.

What color is the bike?
Hi PacificiBusa,

Don't forget this is a German model and not US.  European models are different to the US ones.

I've an all black 2003 LE and I'm in the UK.  You'd probably say mine didn't exist and was a scam if I described it to you :-)

As for the number Dimitris quoted - JS1A1111200114098, it IS exactly 17 characters in length.  My UK model starts with JS1A1111100105xxx.  (I've left out the last 3 digits).  Can you check if the site you are using only has US registered/imported vehicles in its database?

As for you never hearing about any restricted models.  It's a sad fact (who in their right mind would buy one?) that  French Hayabusas are restricted to 78kW / 106bhp at the crank.

2005 German models are not restricted in power.  I cannot be sure about 2003 models, but I've never heard of Germany restricting power in recent years.  They seem to restrict cars to 250 km/h (156mph) which means you can always beat them on the Autobahn :-)

A useful thing to look out for in Euro scams is photo's with reflectors on the side as in Dimitris photo from the web.  Euro models do not have these fitted. Plus different colours schemes for different years.

Good luck Dimitris, sorry I can't actually answer your question directly, but it doesn't seem like a scam either.  And if you trust the dealer...

Steve - England
I've attached a recent image of my 2003LE with 23,000 miles that doesn't exist.
Can anyone else verify this? If not, I stand corrected.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Here's the website I used to decode the VIN:

VIN Check

Pisser about those Euro Hayabusas....I'm quite shocked, actually. That's a sad, sad, thing...
down.gif

Can anyone else verify this? If not, I stand corrected.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
Hi PacificBusa,

I can verify it for you, first all of all Europe is not the 51st state, regardless of what SkyNews, the BBC and CNN seem to suggest :-)

Therefore your VIN is not compatible with our VIN.  Bit like your gallon is a different size to our gallon, and you say potato and I say potato.

So where your Hayabusa VIN will start with
JS1 (Japan / Suzuki / Motorcycle)
GW71A (Tells you engine type and size)
n (this is a checksum / check digit)
o (this is the year code, X=99, Y=00, 1=01 2=02 etc)
p (this is the factory code and normally 2)
123456 (unique serial number)

That's 17 digits as required.

I've spent a little more time with Google and have come up with this for non US models.

JS1 (Presumed same as your code)
Then the next 6 digits have the following patterns.
A11111 (UK spec)
A11112 (Euro spec, but does include Russia, Singapore, Middle East & South Africa, so suspect it is km/h (speedo) bikes which ride on the right hand side (different headlamps))
A11314 (Australia and New Zealand spec)
A13112 (French spec, so no doubt the scary restricted version which we should avoid like the plague.)

Then we (rest of world) always seem to have 00
Then 6 digits for a unique serial number

Again 17 digits in total.

I didn't know this when I replied yesterday, although I suspected it or my bike would not have exisited.  Imagine if it failed to exist when I thought I was riding it at 150mph.  Ouch!

I've also added the engine specs from the Suzuki France website as a jpg.  (I was in a French Suzuki dealer last month laughing at the Hayabusa power output, ooh la la)

For comparison, full power models in Europe are rated at.
175PS (think horsepower) 128.7kW at 9,800rpm
138Nm (101.8 lb/ft) at 7,000rpm

The French conversion is
106ch (think horsepower in French language) 78kW at 8,500rpm
117Nm (they express it differently) (86.3 lb/ft) at 4,000 rpm

There's not even a limited edition in the UK this year.
(http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/model.asp?id=21#)

And £8,649 is about $15,300 and that's not even on the road!

Regards,

Steve

French_power.jpg

Back