Light 'em up!

dm_gsxr

Weirdo Freak
Donating Member
Registered
After seeing a couple of bikes lit up and a recent posting showing a lit 'busa, I decided I wanted to try it as well. I checked out some prices and decided to start small and add as I got used to the effect.

So here's the first step in the process.

The process was pretty simple. The thing I really didn't like was the extra wires running around. When I get to the next set of lights, I'll be setting up a fuse box and using connectors instead of splicing the wires together.

I put the switch on the panel under the tach. Out of the way and unobtrusive.

I had to trim the foam from the openings so I could mount the lights. I think it came out pretty well so far. I want to put some under the tail but I'm not sure about the extra road crud hitting the light.

I put a set of lights on each of the main radiator openings and one mounted to the "roof of the mouth" towards the back.

Carl

Check it out:

sidelight.jpg

Nice start! Thinking of doing it myself. Did you use LEDs or neon and where did you get them?

im using led's 2 sets in the front and 2 sets in the rear but i decieded to order more. from STREETFXSERIES.COM only $19.99 a pair what usually retails for about $40 at local shops. installation is really easy i only changed the switch, and as for my hump that's GATOR GLASS really need to see in person to appreciate the workmanship

DSC03334.JPG

"PIMP LIGHTS" .......I like.......You have my same 02....."SWEET"
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125813521 -->

LOL .. "nice" .. I'm ready anytime .. just have to make sure I not "needed" @work .. then again the O.C. Labor day Cruise is on ..Im just wonderin ..how many people r going this year ..because of the fuel ..being what it is ..
wow.gif

I used Kuryakyn Lizard Lights on my 05 LE Busa with the light switch controller under the back seat. I use a remote system activated on my key to turn them on and off. Worked out very well. I have 10 lights total on the bike. This is how it turned out.... I will be taking more/better pics soon.

Here are the specs/info on the lights:

These lights offer three spectacular modes:

• Single color steady illumination

• Single color flashing illumination with variable rate
• Paint Mode: All lights, in unison, continuously fading into and out of each of the seven colors (red, lime, ice blue, sky blue, dark blue, purple, green). The rheostat can be used to adjust how quickly the lights fade from one to the next.

Carefully engineered to draw very little current, there is no need to worry about draining your bikes battery (provided the battery is in good condition and the lights are not left for more than a couple hours). The controller is capable of running up to 16 lights.

Make your bike a showstopper with our Seven Color Lizard Lights that offer you everything you need to make quite a statement and more.

Starter Kit Contains four Seven Color Lizard Lights, controller, four 9" extensions, two 12" extensions, alcohol pads, dielectric grease, cable ties, and spare adhesive pads.

Note: Lizard Lights are not compatible with Moon, Spider, or Flex Lights.

j_busa7.JPG

nice..i have 16 led lights on my 04. mine are white. because I have alot of chrome on my bike it shines nicely. The colored lights are a problem here, cops are always looking for a reason to pull us over so we cant use red ,yellow or blue. that sucks because blue would be nice on my blue and silver bike

riironman,

I have not used the lights much on the road due to the cops. But they do look nice when I do.

After seeing a couple of bikes lit up and a recent posting showing a lit 'busa, I decided I wanted to try it as well. I checked out some prices and decided to start small and add as I got used to the effect.

So here's the first step in the process.

The process was pretty simple. The thing I really didn't like was the extra wires running around. When I get to the next set of lights, I'll be setting up a fuse box and using connectors instead of splicing the wires together.

I put the switch on the panel under the tach. Out of the way and unobtrusive.

I had to trim the foam from the openings so I could mount the lights. I think it came out pretty well so far. I want to put some under the tail but I'm not sure about the extra road crud hitting the light.

I put a set of lights on each of the main radiator openings and one mounted to the "roof of the mouth" towards the back.

Carl

Check it out:
... looks good mate
cool.gif

Nice start!  Thinking of doing it myself.  Did you use LEDs or neon and where did you get them?
I got them at Custom Dynamics. I didn't want to get a full set since there were a lot of lights in them and I wasn't going for a totally lit bike. Just some more subtle effects. So I got a pair of three LED lights and a single four LED pod. I also got the installation kit which includes the push button and inline 3 amp fuse.

The three are in a line and the pod shines down. I did some riding tonight and it looks pretty sweet on the road
smile.gif

(Sorry for the late reply. I've been out riding today
smile.gif
)
Carl

smile.gif

im using led's 2 sets in the front and 2 sets in the rear but i decieded to order more. from STREETFXSERIES.COM only $19.99 a pair what usually retails for about $40 at local shops. installation is really easy i only changed the switch, and as for my hump that's  GATOR GLASS really need to see in person to appreciate the workmanship
Sweeet. I was considering doing the same thing you did for your hump for the lowers. Where did you get it and how much?

Carl

Back