Top Bike Movies

What do you mean??? Torque ROCKED MAN!!! Where else can you see two chicks on rear wheels fighting with their bikes like wild stallions do? Not to mention, where else do you see a Mille with 18 INCHES OF TRAVEL when its off road???
tounge.gif

Then of course, there is this bike....the only one from several we sent out for the movie that came back still able to run!
wow.gif

Pete_s_bike.jpg

Ok, I guess I liked Denise Richards in "Undercover Brother" where she's on a white F2 with 2 guys on black (looks like 600RR's). Pretty cool scene for not really being a "bike" movie....

Anyone seen/remember that one? I worked the premier and drove one of the producers.....we got a cool sign from the event. Most of them aren't worth saving, but this one was kinda cool.

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119531688 -->

if we're talkin about mototrcycle shots in movies, then you have to consider the shot in Kill Bill.....

All black bikes, cruising together....it was a thing of beauty.

And then there's F&F....the scene with about 6-8 bikes....

Not to mention the "Rundown", with The Rock.

the first scene, with the sportbikes parked outside the club....not exactly my cup of tea (it was a Yamaha), but hey, at least there's a number of them.

Or perhaps Tomb Raider, with Jolie railing away on that Duc....

Blade? I coulda sworn the red bike he fugged up was an 1100XX...not to mention the other sweet bikes there.

And XXX.....all those bikes outside the compound...and the somewhat cool stunts on the dirtbike....and Vin sporting that JR Mesh....

I almost bought Faster on DVD today. Anybody know if it's wide screen? Is the sound track any good?

I know this is a bike movie thread but one of my all time favorite movies is Christine. I've probably seen that 100 times.

When I was about 11, I watched Grease 2 almost every day over one summer on a a friends satellite dish. I haven't seen it for a whole lot of years now so I would probably think it's stupid now but I loved the motorcycle guy in it when I was a little kid.

1. Faster

2. Roadside Prophets. It has John Doe of the punk band X and Ad-Rock from the Beastie Boys rising through Nevada and meeting all manner of weirdos along the way. Not a bad road movie. No sportbikes, just a chopped up Harley and beat up Triumph.

3. Don't have a third.

If any of you guys have access to asian flicks. Check out Full Throttle and All about Ah Long.

full_throttle.gif

Full Throttle

Stars

Andy Lau

<!--EDIT|Big E
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119548390 -->

When I was about 11, I watched Grease 2 almost every day over one summer on a a friends satellite dish. I haven't seen it for a whole lot of years now so I would probably think it's stupid now but I loved the motorcycle guy in it when I was a little kid.
No, you are right! Michael was SUPER COOL! I still love that movie!

I don't think you can completly discount easy rider as just being boring... no it's not F&F/torque.. it's from a completly different time. Plus I don't believe it was meant to be a action movie anyway.

Before anybody ever even thought about .. "hey, lets make a motorcycle just for speed/performance" it was just to get out and ride...

If you can watch easy rider and not take something away from it.. you need to watch it again.

Especially the conversation with Jack Nickalson, and the Dennis Hopper about bikers/bikes/hippies representing freedom.

I can't quote exactly.. but something like this..
Why do they dislike us so much.?
You represent freedom..
Well yeah,, ain't that the whole point of this country?
Yeah, but they aren't free. Don't tell them that though cuz they'll kill, maim, and destroy to show you that they are.
They've all been bought and sold into the status quo where they have freedom, but nobody uses it.

Ironic that about 10 seconds later he gets beat to death.. for the very thing they were talking about and he wasn't even really a biker.. but anyway.. thats hollywood.

Can you say you haven't walked into a gas station/bar/wherever in your leather and got those looks where you know they are stereotyping you with the squid that cranked a big stoppie/wheelie right in front of them.. or went by at 150 on double solid lines.. same thing, just different times.

It's on TMC all the time.. watch it again.
\
Personally I think any "biker" can identify albeit on a much tamer, friendlier level with Easy Rider if they care to take the time to.

Not that much has changed.. "the man" still singles bikes out, mothers still don't want their daughters around em, and the only reason people respect bikers now is because it's a much more affluent crowd riding them now (mostly) and that means money.

Easy Riders was a "worst case scenario" all rolled into one.. I'm sure if you talk to some guys that were serious riders back in the day they could tell you that it's not as far off the mark as you might think. Especially if you rode, and looked like a hippie.

the wild ones is cool too..

other than that.. I don't think they've really made a "biker" movie in a long time..

if the best thing they can come up with is "Burn Rubber, not your soul".. then I'll pass..

thats got nothing to do with nothing.. a real life "biker boys" group to me would be little more than a big group of posers for the most part.

Torque didn't even really try to show the motorcycle brotherhood aspect of bikes. Not to mention they only reason they even needed bikes in that movie was to have somethign to do stunts with.

"Before anybody ever even thought about .. "hey, lets make a motorcycle just for speed/performance" it was just to get out and ride...

If you can watch easy rider and not take something away from it.. you need to watch it again. "

ego-- +1!

Easy Rider never really cared for the movie but considering the other choices (Torque and Biker Boys) this movie rocks and never liked the one about Holister

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119577348 -->

Back