1/2 HELMETS VS FULL FACE

AZTECWARRIOR

Registered
It's been pretty hot around here lately & I decided to get the lid out to feel the wind in my face a bit. I just did a little cruising around with no 90mph bits on the expressway. Man that was cool cuz I loved the sound of the bike & I could swear it was a lot easier to check blind spots. What a fine experience! Anyone else cruise around with a lid? Mostly, it’s the Harley guys around here that do that, and I can see why. I’ll carry the full face too just incase it rains or it’s getting into nighttime. Any brothers feel the same??? Sportbikes & skid lids, when it’s appropriate?

Suicide. Plain and simple, might as well just go without. Not being funny, have you seen many crashed helmets? Allmost without fail there is significant damage to the chin/visor.

So wear a half helmet if you must, just know that it's your face your putting at risk...

Oh and just wait until the bugs get ya.
laugh.gif

Remember this image? Scooter accident from all of about 15MPH....

Wife_s_Lid.jpg

Oh and from an appearance POV, the Half helmets look really damn Gay. Not hating, just laying it out, they look retarded.

More Biker Boyz BS... Don't fall for it.

Suicide.  Plain and simple, might as well just go without.  Not being funny, have you seen many crashed helmets?  Allmost without fail there is significant damage to the chin/visor.

So wear a half helmet if you must, just know that it's your face your putting at risk...

Oh and just wait until the bugs get ya.  
laugh.gif

Remember this image?  Scooter accident from all of about 15MPH....
Oh man good point!

Oh and from an appearance POV, the Half helmets look really damn Gay.  Not hating, just laying it out, they look retarded.

More Biker Boyz BS...  Don't fall for it.
I'll reserve comment on the fag remark, some riders around here would take ya to task on that on the street. If your concern that much about your looks than that sounds pretty gay. F biker boys BTW

But I get your main point, squidish!

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118994895 -->

If you're wanting the wind, consider one of those flip top helmets. I think Bieffe and Fulmer both make them....Personally, I think anything but a FF is retarded, but that's just me.......

I wear a HJC flip-top sy-max helmet everytime i ride, when its hot i set the visor in the second to last notch, open my vents and my head stays cool.

Dress for the crash....you never know when it might happen. Hopefully it never will
wink.gif

What these guys say....

If you don't really value your jaw and teeth...not to mention your nasal cavity and your cheekbones, go with the half-helmet.

I'll scare up a digicam over the weekend and post up pics of my helmet after my crash.

Actuallly they dont make flip face helments that are snell approved yet. Id just grab some shades open your visor and ride with the shades on if it gets too hot. Oh yeah half helments your grill will hit the ground. And what if you tumble they arent to secure and it may flop off
wink.gif

Oh and from an appearance POV, the Half helmets look really damn Gay. Not hating, just laying it out, they look retarded.

More Biker Boyz BS... Don't fall for it.
I'll reserve comment on the fag remark, some riders around here would take ya to task on that on the street. If your concern that much about your looks than that sounds pretty gay. F biker boys BTW

Fair Enough... How about Goofy... As apposed to Gay.

I was a bit harsh though man, "I" think the half helmets on sport bikes look just plain silly. That's what I was trying to get at...

I like the wind on my face too... but that does not mean that I'm going to risk my face!! I prefer a full helmet... and keep the visor a tad open for the wind to gush in
biggrin.gif

Full Face! I even wear a full face when I'm on the Harley. It's a flip front, but it's better than nothin. I've done the 1/2 helmet, but the whole time I'm riding, it's in the back of my mind what "could" happen.

When I was in High School (a "few" years ago), I had the oppourtunity to become airborne when a kid turned left in from of me. Flying was fun, but the landing sucked a$$. The point of impact was the left side of my face, and left shoulder. If I would have been wearing anything other than a full face...I would be dead right now.

In Motorcycle Consumer News there was a quote:(Maybe not exact)
"When you go down, you'll be wearing what you decided before you got on"

It's your choice no matter what you wear or don't wear.

Oh and from an appearance POV, the Half helmets look really damn Gay.  Not hating, just laying it out, they look retarded.

More Biker Boyz BS...  Don't fall for it.

Fair Enough... How about Goofy...  As apposed to Gay.

I was a bit harsh though man, "I" think the half helmets on sport bikes look just plain silly.  That's what I was trying to get at...
Funny thought Rev man, while me & my 12 y/o were watching the Pistons thrash the Spurs I asked the boy what do you think about dad's lid on my Busa & he said & I kid U not that I "looked retarded" LOL I told my little smart a$$ that was the second time today I heard that.

But I shid U guys it was easier going through traffic w/ the lid cuz I'm not as paranoid w/ the blind spots & I could “hear & feel†cars riding up on me from behind. My eyes can’t be on the mirrors at all times & my ears pick up things when my eyes are busy. Beyond the “silly look†factor it’s the greater peripheral vision that’s got me. But it’s a trade off, better sensory awareness or caving in my face, that really sucks.

<!--EDIT|AZTECWARRIOR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119055908 -->

Definitely full face helmet. Too many rocks and $hiat bouncing off the roads, not too mention some giant a$$ bugs. If I get hot, I'll open my visor a notch to let a little extra air in. Remember, if you are in a wreck, Half a helmet could mean half your face.

In most cases when people ask what do you think I should do... I ask them what does your gut tell you to do? Nine times out of ten they go with the safest option even if it isn't what they really wanted. Gotta ask yourself... What makes you feel the safest deep down and go with that answer. I would rather give up a little vision and hearing then lose my Jaw,nose,eyes and by opinion and many drunk women... my pretty face.
Just my .02 which doesn't even get you a fuggin peice of gum in todays market!

It's been pretty hot around here lately & I decided to get the lid out to feel the wind in my face a bit. I just did a little cruising around with no 90mph bits on the expressway. Man that was cool cuz I loved the sound of the bike & I could swear it was a lot easier to check blind spots. What a fine experience! Anyone else cruise around with a lid? Mostly, it’s the Harley guys around here that do that, and I can see why. I’ll carry the full face too just incase it rains or it’s getting into nighttime. Any brothers feel the same??? Sportbikes & skid lids, when it’s appropriate?
Might as well let your feet cool off as well
eek2.gif

985-141087-t.jpg

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119057081 -->

Back