rick mayer

If I remember correctly, Bill Mayer invented/owned the Daylong seat which is now Russell’s Daylong. Rick and Rocky are sons of Bill who has since passed, one of which inherited Bill's new seat design and business. I've heard mostly good things about both. You might google it.

My opinion?....comfortable as he11 butt ugly as sin!!!
laugh.gif

All whom I know that have employed them have been extremely happy with the comfort levels but take one look and you'll see why as most applications appear almost as though someones taken a huge western style horse saddle and tossed it over the bike..and I think they use Rosey O'donnel for the @$$ model...wide and huge...but hey..to some?..."Comfort" IS everything.

thanks for the info. so it sounds like they custom fit teh seat to your butt? i wonder how it would be if i got a seat that was made for some one esle, it couldnt be too different u think?

i had a russell day long on my fjr1300 and it was soooo comfy . worth every penny . and it actualy looked good on the bike

Picture_179.jpg

I heard good things about his seats from the FZ1 board, but then had a bad experience. I ordered a seat, but then was told it would be 6 months to get it delivered. I cancelled immediately, but he had already run my credit card. It then took almost four months to get my card credited. He might be real busy but I had to be really persistant to get the credit and he had the nerve to get a little nasty in his replies to my emails. This might be an isolated incident, but proceed with caution.

Back