HELP

Toyz

Registered
I just finished the HMF and need to know if this is too close.  My left side, non throttle side where the first hole is the header is pretty close...its' double insulated but is this too close? It's about a 1\4 of an inch from the plastic.

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117786099 -->

100_0076.JPG

Unfortunately, it's hard to say. When I first put my muzzy full system on the mid pipe was about that close to the plastic so I threw a little heat tape on the plastic and headed out. It only took about five minutes to melt the tape to the fairing. I played around with some washers and spaced the plastic out more from the pipe and it did the job. If your system didn't come with washers I would recommend getting some and placing them on the fairing bolts behind the plastics, just to push them out a little. It was amazing that even a quarter inch more space kept the plastic from melting.

Good luck!

<!--EDIT|Monty
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117792114 -->

should be fine... after my wreck, I was unable to completely straigten my muzzy pipe, it touched the bottom of the right fairing just a little, and all it has done is mold the fairing to the pipe.

I took it out for about 20 minutes, nothing melted, looks like it's gonna be ok but I'm probably going to shim it anyway.

Yes DO tape it! That's exactly where my busa burned the plastic, on the left side where you are speaking of.

Back