Current Stable

RamminBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I would share the stable with everyone. The R1 is for sale so the stable may be one short (hopefully soon). Mama says it has to go even after I showed her how nice it looked....

stable.JPG

Here is another look...

pictured left to right....

R1 - My midlife crisis bike...

Katana 750 - Mama's 2nd bike (first was a Honda Shadow)

Nuf said - My new ride (with the hump)

Even tried to play the "R1 could be my sons card later" but she still says no...

stable1.JPG

hide it behind the garage... then tell her you lent it to a friend...

works every time...

well, almost.

hav ONE less... RSD.

Nice set of bikes there all positioned together! Have taken the R1 by the local dealer to see if they have anyone interested?

....nice stable you got there!!!

Yeah why dont you do what rubbah said... mybe you could even send it to canada for safe keeping under the rubbha's custody
laugh.gif

Have a custodial 1
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|shenoyp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116282399 -->

So, after having ridden the Busa a while, how do the two compare? I test rode an '04 R1, and although the Busa fits me better, the Yami was quite impressive as well.

I still dont compare the two as being in the same class, the power delivery is quicker and the engine revs faster on the R1. I feel this would more than likely hurt some of the Busa owners feeling out there. The Busa has one distinct disadvantage, the extra 100 pounds of weight. The R1 HP/LBS ratio is a lot better. Dont get me wrong, the Busa will start to reel the R1 in on a straight shot at probably around mid 3rd or 4th gear range but wont walk away until 5/6th. In the curves (tight) the R1 will definetly have the advantage, but for every curve there is almost always a straight away.

I still dont compare the two as being in the same class, the power delivery is quicker and the engine revs faster on the R1.  I feel this would more than likely hurt some of the Busa owners feeling out there.  The Busa has one distinct disadvantage, the extra 100 pounds of weight.  The R1 HP/LBS ratio is a lot better.  Dont get me wrong, the Busa will start to reel the R1 in on a straight shot at probably around mid 3rd or 4th gear range but wont walk away until 5/6th.  In the curves (tight) the R1 will definetly have the advantage, but for every curve there is almost always a straight away.
very true

That R1 is a sweet looking bike though..I sure wish I could afford a liter bike and my Busa.

As far as power to weight ratios , I would not say the R1s is ALOT better though.
3.43:1 Busa
3.07:1 R1

And just for reference the SV650 is 6:1 ...now your talking alot.
smile.gif

Dont get me wrong, the Busa will start to reel the R1 in on a straight shot at probably around mid 3rd or 4th gear range but wont walk away until 5/6th.
>>>>>>>>>>>

What do you mean reel in? Umm the Busa should take the R1 off the line and kill it later on.

Yes, agreed.

The busa makes more power and is quicker in the 1/4 mile all over the R1, and thats just the facts.

The R1 also has an anemic midrange which will lose it precious time against a busa.

I had a zx12r which will hand the R1 its lunch, also...and I can say this about that:

The R1 "feels" like its quicker in its power delivery, -as did the zx12r.

But that was a figment of my imagination, as the busa hides its speed with its stability, wheelbase, rake and trail, weight, low center of gravity, and its steering damper. The 12 and the R1 are light and they "feel" like they are flying when in comparison to the busa, they are not quite there while the busa "feels" like its not going as fast even though it is.

But if you were God looking down on the R1 and the Busa, - you would know for sure that the busa was more than the R1 could handle from start to finish.

As far as power to weight ratios , I would not say the R1s is ALOT better though.
3.43:1 Busa
3.07:1 R1

And just for reference the SV650 is 6:1 ...now your talking alot.
smile.gif
Could you break down those power to weight #'s

Is that HP at the crank or rear wheel ?
Is the weight dry or wet ?

I was using ballpark wet weights and RW HP...the numbers may not be exact but they are not that far off.

Back