painting fairing inners

paulos

Registered
hi all,im just wondering if it is possable to paint the black fairing inners on my baby.i have wanted to paint um for some time but i dont know weather it can be done or not, due to the flexiness of the inners?.
i also need to know the colour code of the blue on the 2000 busa's.

Do a search. You will find many topics on the matter.
A few people have painted inners. Raceready is a company that does them, but I have heard good and bad reports of their products.

Yeah and check out <a href="http://www.color-rite.com">Color-Rite<a> for your the color code.

Do a search. You will find many topics on the matter.
A few people have painted inners. Raceready is a company that does them, but I have heard good and bad reports of their products.
Same here! VaBusa has a sweet set of inners!
laugh.gif

Oh, man, I'm glad it's Friday...just striking me funny right now...

...where were we?

Umm, thanks, yeah RaceReady did mine and I'm happy, but I have heard some not so happy reports as well...

For a person with no skills in painting I feft confident somewhat after reading the above paint link and with some more researching I knew for sure I would have no problem painting my own inners last year. I used Martin Seynor paint (Nappa) which is user friendly. For example I went online to to get detailed information about the products I've just purchased from Nappa because most of what the sales clerk told me blew a couple of fuse upstairs  
laugh.gif
 The PSD section on the home page will list all of their paint products to get answer to all of your question pertaining to the product you have purchased. Here is a copy of the directions for using Klean Easy surface cleaner
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:
KLEANZ-EASY® 6383 is a solvent wash to remove wax, oil, grease and silicone contaminant’s from all OEM
enamel and cured enamel finishes.
TECHNICAL DATA:
• VOC – as packaged 6.40 lbs/gal (767 g/l) • Weight/gallon 6.4 lbs/gal
• Mixing Ratio Use at package consistency • Flash point 50°F TCC
• Freeze Hazard No
APPLICATION:
1. Saturate a clean cloth with KLEANZ-EASY® 6383.
2. Apply to areas to be painted and adjacent panels. Wipe surface thoroughly with KLEANZ-EASY® 6383 and apply only to one
panel at a time.
3. Wipe off with a second clean, dry cloth before KLEANZ-EASY® 6383 is allowed to dry. If drying occurs, repeat application.
4. Should be used before sanding only.
FEATURES:
1. Solvent cleaner
2. Strong solvent
3. Faster evaporation
ADVANTAGES:
1. Removes wax, oil, grease and silicone.
2. Takes off the toughest wax, oil, grease and removes silicone from cured enamels without harming surface.
3. Evaporates from around molding and chrome (plastic).
BENEFITS:
1. Eliminates fisheye cratering that would require rework or the addition of fisheye eliminator.
2. Faster and thorough removal of contaminants.
3. Eliminates blowout from around chrome requiring rework of affected areas.
NOT TO BE USED ON ACRYLIC LACQUER OR SANDED SURFACES, USE FIN-L-WASH®.
KLEANZ-EASY®
Surface Cleaner
MARTIN-SENOUR PAINTS
AUTOMOTIVE DIVISION
P
R
O
D
U
C
T
D[/QUOTE]

Heres the outcome of my inners I did last year with a custom speaker cutout. Also Nappa has a handheld paint gun they can take out to your bike or car to get an almost exact color match up.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112455003 -->

DSC01569.JPG

I have painted many inners for other busa brothers...let me know if you like for me to do yours..I personally have a 2000 ride, and the inners are awesome...let me know .....Mick I have my bike posted under random thoughts a week or so ago...you can see the pics....

No matter who does them, they can really set of the total package of the bike. I think it gives the Busa sort of a completed look. The comment about VaB's inners made me spit soda out of my nose....

Back