Issue Finding Correct Neutral

bluesilver

Registered
Hi, I been having issues with finding neutral in the last few months, i can get it into neutral, but having trouble getting the light to light up and i guess you would call it a gear indicator so that the bike knows it is in neutral.

Basically i can get it to go into neutral so i can push it around, but when i want to start it up on the side stand or the like, it will either cut the motor or stop it from stating as it thinks it is still in gear.

Is there a switch somewhere that i need to check, adjust or replace? seams to be getting harder each time to get it into correct neutral.
Hope that explains the problem well enough to understand what i am on about.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Check the sidestand switch for any obvious damage as this will interfare with starting but not engaging neutral.
Has the bike got aftermarket pegs ? Maybe the shifter has not been correctly adjusted.

Bike is all pretty much stock standard.
It is not a side stand issue, just have difficulty getting the bike to register that it is in neutral,
Even if you sit on the bike with stand up, have it in neutral so you can push it around then go to start it, it won't start until you find just that right spot when the neutral light come on and the fuel pumps starts up.
You can start it up by holding in the clutch, and then let go of the clutch, it will idle away, but put the side stand down and it cuts out as if it was in gear.
It is a very strange fault.

Back