Can You Guys Help?

AngryBaldMan

Registered
Hi new member here, looking to buy a gen 2. Did gen 2 bikes only come out in 2008 or were there some in 2007? The reason I ask is a local dealer has a 2007 plate in stock which I thought would be a gen 1. However, it appears to have the brakes n dashboard of a gen2?

I'm in the UK

This is the bike.

IMG_3752.PNG

Almost certainly a gen ii i'd say. is it on a 57 plate? if so that could still be 2008.

I had an 08 in that colour until last year when some d**k knocked me off on a roundabout.

Andy.

There should be a sticker somewhere on the frame identifying the year and other info. At least that is how it is in the US. Looks like a blue 2008.

Pretty sure the sticker states build date not model year. I think the dealer just read the sticker that states when it was made. Common to have a different year. If so, I would stay away from said dealer for sure!
Troy

The U.K. is a year behind in model years. At least they were with CBXs. Here, they were 79-82 models but in the UK they were 78-81s. Yours is a UK 07 but here it's an 08. Here's my US 1979 Z model but in the UK it would've been a 1978 Z model (1st year).
image.jpeg

I don't believe Gen1s had A, B and C mode, did they? Check for that on the handlebar controls. If you have a Gen 2 dash and Gen2 fairings, I doubt very much it would be anything but a Gen2 engine. I suppose that might be possible but highly unlikely.

That's an K8 Gen 2, since I have one just like it. They could certainly have a plate with an 07 build date, but that's a Gen II.

How much do they want for it?

Back