Hayabusa Doesn't Start, Stalls, Backfires,hesitates-fixed.

Firebirdadrian

Registered
Hi guys!
I'm an owner of first gen 1999 Busa and went through a real nightmare with her some time ago. Bike suffered from intermittent annoying symptoms such as : stalling at all sorts of road situations, terrible starting, occasional backfiring, bogging down / hesitation when throttle applied. Because i'm not an expert it cost me lots of stress,money and time to get it all sorted but IT FINALLY RUNS FANTASTIC so i thought i'll make a video showing my story and share with everyone. Hopefully somebody out there will benefit from my horrific experience. Video link just below :

Kind Regards
Ade

I just watched it on YouTube . . .

Bet your happy that's over with . . .

First look at your plugs would let you know that this motor was lean ~ and stop storing these bikes with regular gasoline in them .

33673d1428800459-2013-first-time-spark-plug-swap-photo-apr-11-11-48-40.jpg

Fill it to the top with PREMIUM low ethanol fuel ~ if you're not going to ride your Hayabusa weekly . . .

First look at your plugs would let you know that this motor was lean ~ and stop storing these bikes with regular gasoline in them .

View attachment 1574203

Fill it to the top with PREMIUM low ethanol fuel ~ if you're not going to ride your Hayabusa weekly . . .

Great advice bud. I will only use 97 octane and add fuel additive to nullify detrimental action of ethanol. In fact i will be experimenting with removing ethanol utterly from fuel for storage purposes. People say it works so i'm really curious to see if home methods will give some effects.

Hi I have a busa first gen 99 model .the bike was stop around two years ago. Now was on my own and try to use it! But starts the problems.when was hot the bike doesn't responde me .Now I clean the fuel injectors and doesn't want to start then I replace the injectors the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator and doesn't want to start. Any help please because I don't know what else want to make .

Is your fuel pump priming, when you turn on the ignition?
Hi Dave, yes it does prime after ignition button is pressed. I runs pretty well in general apart from this tiny fluctuation of rpm when you hold the throttle still.
Do you still think that balancing of throttle bodies would sort it out? Regards

A throttle body sync is always a good idea but before that's done, you need to be sure that compressions, coils, plugs, injectors and tps are all ok, if any component is faulty, you will end up compensating for a fault, which will, in turn, give you poor or odd running.

Wow! You really stuck with it. Many would have given up. So glad you got is sorted out. Beautiful bike.
Thank bud. I honestly think those Busas are probably best bikes ever made!
A throttle body sync is always a good idea but before that's done, you need to be sure that compressions, coils, plugs, injectors and tps are all ok, if any component is faulty, you will end up compensating for a fault, which will, in turn, give you poor or odd running.
Thanks Dave, i will soon get everything checked.

Ok, I know this isn't going to fix all the problems we are having with the 1999 series, but this could help. Today I took my baby for a great ride in Houston, Tx. And she did super great as long as she was on, except that I noticed bogging down from time to time, realized it's my kickstand dropping down and shutting down the engine, gotta get that fixed, definitely not good. Continued riding and the second I stopped to fill up, and have a drink of Gatorade and talk about how the day was going with other riders... she was the only one in the pack who didn't turn back on. Embarrassing! A couple of riders stayed back to make sure I was ok, even though I told everyone to go on and I'd be ok. Well, 30-45 passed and finally after several attempts she turned on. I've had this problem before, I've told everyone it's the heat and external pump, but, only when she got hot, I've had every internal changed that you can think of. Now, I'm tired of it. I've searched the intenet high and low, and found that ChicoCop has a vid out of NY, I think it is. But, it's what he finds in his busa that is suprising, that made me go to this extent with the find. Starter clutch sludge. Try it. When the bike gets hot, done. Cools back on! Wtf!! This explains it for some, not all.

Back