1397 Plus Spray...

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
Looking for anyone who's done a 1397 and spray. Carpenter head, bigger cams, race cut box, full system, big air box mod, how much can I spray? 40 hit is fine on a stock motor, but can I go to a 75 shot? Gen 1, what kind of nitrous control is built into the ECUeditor software?

Done a plenty of 1441s. Your first hurtle is the fuel system: you are restricted to around 225 HP (on spray) with the stock fuel pump and injectors. If the 1397 is built for "stout" HP and you have stock rods, then a 75 HP shot is pushing it on spray. Spray has more of a shock to the rods than a turbo, so I personally don't like pushing a nitrous bike past 275-280 HP. ECUeditor for a Gen 1 has basically a RPM window switch for nitrous, no progression. You can add a nitrous controller and allow ECUeditor to act as the throttle switch. What fuel are you going to be using?

On my bike with the stock motor I ran a 60 shot on stock fuel system with a nos mini controller. It let's you adjust when it turns on and off. Also let you adjust the hit. So it can come on at 50 % and ramp up. I have a 1397 and plan to spray it. But going to upgrade the fuel system first. I will be using the nos mini to do all the control work of it.

ran a 1397 with a 60 shot for a few years
motor had a Stetson head, .401/.378 cam cambo
simple two dial progressive controller
Used either a PCII or PCIII or ecu editor. Ecu Editor with and without map switch function
of couse my fuel system was replaced a while somewhere in that time span. used a accel 74701 fuel pump. But mine is a 02 which started off with a external pump (which died)

yea, stock rods and fuel system, so maybe a walbro in tank pump and some S2000 injectors, possibly the mini controller to ramp the nitrous, a gixerhp spray bar, all set at a 60 shot?

Do it. I would think you would be close to maxing the injectors out. We had a 1397 with s2000 injectors e85 and spray. Ran out of fuel on spray. Made 230 240 on spray. I plan on spraying my drag bike with at less a 60 shot. But going to run 650 cc injectors to give me enough fuel to spray the house down.

well, I'm not dead, hahaha. I'm thinking I'll send the suspension to race-tech when I get home for a respring and gold valves, and I need to find a tuner in the pacific northwest that can tune what I've got, remove the PC3, and build me a map for nitrous.

I have heard that Nels at 2 Wheel Dynoworks is a good choice. I do not have personal experience with him tuning my bike, but, I have heard that he is capable.

that's the third recommendation I've seen for that particular fella. It's too bad he's not a member on here.

that's the third recommendation I've seen for that particular fella. It's too bad he's not a member on here.
Maybe you should invite him to be.....
Also, where you place the solenoid effects how hard it hits. A progressive controller will allow you to ramp it in, and a long run from solenoid to intake will soften the hit.

yea, the wizards of nitrous stuff has definitely caught my eye. They've got annular discharge velocity stacks for a dry or wet shot. Kinda makes the whole thing a no brainer.

Back