1397 13:1 Compression What Fuel To Use?

busakiller

Registered
Hey guys so my motor I bought last year popped a head gasket and the cam gear moved causing some valves to fail. The motor is getting fixed right now. I found out it has 13:1 compression pistons in it. I would like to run some cheater gas. Vp mr12 or mrx02 any thing else. What's everyone running? I would like to use mr12 to get the most out of my engine. It had mega cycle cams and ported head. Cams are 397 intake and 360 exhaust.

I havent had any problems on pump gas. But the bike is on 110 right now and nitrous. Built a map last week for a 20 shot. Now going to up it to a 40 shot. Plans is to get it to trap in the mid to high 160s. And run 8.50 or better this fall

I havent had any problems on pump gas. But the bike is on 110 right now and nitrous. Built a map last week for a 20 shot. Now going to up it to a 40 shot. Plans is to get it to trap in the mid to high 160s. And run 8.50 or better this fall
Awesome,
Im in California and the best gas we have is 91. I would hate to build it and it just need more hen 91 to run properly. You whould be in the 8s without that build. I would imagine.

I could always mix in some octane yo make it not detonate.

Awesome,
Im in California and the best gas we have is 91. I would hate to build it and it just need more hen 91 to run properly. You whould be in the 8s without that build. I would imagine.

I could always mix in some octane yo make it not detonate.

I’ve found that some Union 76 stations have a 100+ octane race gas pump but it’s nearly $10 a gallon.

My best so far on motor has been 8.80 at 155 mph. Best trap speed was 158 with 8.90. That day the da was pretty good.

As long as the tune is right I'd think you'd be ok.Like Brock told me,as long as I'm not doing burnouts at every Stop sign in 100 degree heat the 89 would be fine in mine at 12.5 to 1.

On another note,we're on fire over my way bro.Started this afternoon in Trabuco Canyon and is 1,000 acres right now.Seeing flames on top of the ridge about 2 miles from the house,not much likin' it.

As long as the tune is right I'd think you'd be ok.Like Brock told me,as long as I'm not doing burnouts at every Stop sign in 100 degree heat the 89 would be fine in mine at 12.5 to 1.

On another note,we're on fire over my way bro.Started this afternoon in Trabuco Canyon and is 1,000 acres right now.Seeing flames on top of the ridge about 2 miles from the house,not much likin' it.
Noooo way. Call me if you need help

Back