Power loss at 9k RPM

(Spudley @ Jul. 22 2007,04:59) Nevermind...I guess it was the harness
rock.gif
?
Yeah, we checked the sensors too.

Well Big O I finally got my fixed last weekend, and your never going to beleive what the problem was. The alarm system that "WAS" on it and I had never used had a short in it and was causing an engine kill randomly on and off throughout a ride when the vibrations shook the sensor. So we took the Alarm system completely off since I had never used it and the bike runs GREAT now. Funny how we had a very similar problem and two different outcomes.
beerchug.gif

I'm having the exact same prob.... At 9000 rpms the fi light cuts on and the power cuts back like hitting the rev, does it in all gears...I just put short stacks and did the airbox mod, my other mods are BMF filter, tre, pc3, full dual highmount hmf exhaust, custom map, iridium spark plugs...

AAAssjani.gif
02' Sounds like the same problem - Runs Great at low rpms - City driving commuting- But run it up to 7000K in 1st thru 6 th gear fast and she farts out on me like she needs more gas- run it up till she farts out then let up a bit and roll on the gas a bit slower and she dose accelerate past 9000K - Me thinks fuel pump. ??No FI Light on error codes??

What have I done so far -
Cleaned and re-oiled Air filter (Ok)
Checked Throttle Body Vac lines and hoses
Checked Throttle Bodies Sync (Ok) used Morgan Carb Tune
Checked Wire Harness as best as I could without completly removine it- (Looked fine)
Load Zero Map on PC III (check)
No TRE (Nothing to Check)
Checked TPS (Ok)
Checked plugs (Ok)
Coils (Ok)
Injectors (Ok)
Throttle Bodies are a bit varnished ( ?? )
Yes I have gas (Ok)

Need to learn how to check fuel pressure ( Working on it)
But still think it is the Fuel Pump

I found another thread today that seems to be related to this problem we all share in common. I found the post from Pacificbusa to be quite inspiring to me and I feel it will be my next practicable approach. {I'll put a clicky thingy to this thread at the bottom}

I have been searching this topic for several days now, looking for answers through the reported findings from fellow posters hoping to find a solution for my apparently common busa illness. {To bad we couldn't just pop a pill in the tank and all the pain goes away!}

Anyhow, I now feel that the general source of this “loss of power problem†is that of the fuel pump and or fuel filter and screens and output pressure. As I said before in my previous post I can ride all day as long as I don’t feed her too much go…go.. Juice. I actually didn’t, and really still can’t tell there is a problem until I hit the open road and crank her open nice and wide.

Now getting back on track, I read the post from Pacificbusa and plan on following his approach. I also want to expand on it a bit, and test my fuel pressure as I have found in several postings that fuel pressure below 42 psi could also be a reason the motor has a loss of power at high RPM’s.

At the beginning of this week I hooked up with Youkai in “For Sale†thread and he sent out a fuel pump from a 05’ that I may have to use on my 02’ if the fuel pump is indeed the culprit.

My question is this, how do you properly test the fuel pump pressure? Also what type of gauge should I use and where is the best source for obtaining it?

In closing, I have the understanding that I will also need to replace the “o†rings before I reinstall the fuel pump assembly back on the tank. Would anyone know what size and where is the best place to obtain these as well? Maybe Napa / Car Quest?

Oh. By the way if I missed a write up on this fuel pump installation, rebuild, cleaning thing, it was not from a lack of looking, I mean the number threads are countless and the description all vary so please, in all honesty shoot me a link but don’t shoot me!

Thanks to all, and God Bless!
bowdown.gif

View attachment 1118534
Replaced the ignition pickup coil in the engine case, ALL the sensors, still no go. Even removed the airbox flapper valve thinking it might be sticking and restricting airflow. Now we're at the point of checking all the connections on all the wiring in the harness. My mechanic is the best as far as I'm concerned, but he's scratching his head too. He's even been on the phone to all his experts. This problem has not occured yet for anyone. My bike runs great right up until it hits 9k on the tach. Unbelievable.

View attachment 1184053 02' Sounds like the same problem - Runs Great at low rpms - City driving commuting- But run it up to 7000K in 1st thru 6 th gear fast and she farts out on me like she needs more gas- run it up till she farts out then let up a bit and roll on the gas a bit slower and she dose accelerate past 9000K - Me thinks fuel pump. ??No FI Light on error codes??

What have I done so far -
Cleaned and re-oiled Air filter (Ok)
Checked Throttle Body Vac lines and hoses
Checked Throttle Bodies Sync (Ok) used Morgan Carb Tune
Checked Wire Harness as best as I could without completly removine it- (Looked fine)
Load Zero Map on PC III (check)
No TRE (Nothing to Check)
Checked TPS (Ok)
Checked plugs (Ok)
Coils (Ok)
Injectors (Ok)
Throttle Bodies are a bit varnished ( ?? )
Yes I have gas (Ok)

Need to learn how to check fuel pressure ( Working on it)
But still think it is the Fuel Pump
( hey it's Dracula , my ,2008 busta is doing the same as you discribe , did you figer out why your bike is doing that ??

I had what you are describing on my 2001 busa, it turned out to be a faulty crank shaft position sensor (ckps).
I posted 7 threads, showing all the things I tried, had me stumped but got there in the end.
Good luck.

I have suddenly developed a power loss at 9k RPM and the FI light comes on. The codes are C24 and C27. I had the coils changed, the injectors changed, and the fuel pump changed. The next move is to check the magnet on the camshaft position sensor or replace the ECU.
Help!
Hey ; just like to know if you fix your bike ??

Back