Which Gen2 4-2 Headers Will Work W/two Bros Slip-on System?

justintime2

What's your story?
Donating Member
Registered
2009 Busa, want to ditch the OEM header system and go after market. Already have Two-Bro's slip on set-up so just need the headers. Are they all pretty much universal or which ones will fit with this? I know Vance & Hines makes some, can't tell if Two-Bro's sells just the headers but please post up any advice and drop any knowledge bombs you might have!

Also presuming with headers I'll have to use a Power Commander, PAIR system has already bean eliminated.
Thanks!

Were it me, I think I would sell the slip-on's and buy a full system.

I think V&H makes a stand alone header that would meet your needs but have no personal experience.

Link

V/H does its a nice unit , Black widow in the UK does too . Nice stuff from both . However unless you get a deal V/H will set you back 600 plus , BW with shipping from UK close to 500 ( 375 header , 100 shipping ) I sold my Clean used V/H header for 375 plus shipping . Its hard to find good clean used exhaust . Sell your slip ons and go full . I got a deal on a Titanium system / carbon can $900 shipped

I'm into the two bros carbon fiber slip on set so cheap it won't really benefit me to sell them and get a full kit, but I'll have to kick that idea around. I'll poke around eBay. Is the power commander required after that change?

Suppose the other option is to order the full kit, reuse the cans and mid pipes I have now and the headers from the new kit. Then sell the brand new cans and mid pipes as new which would buy down the total price of the headers. Mine are very low mileage and flawless, plus for some reason two bros doesn't sell the exact same color combo with the header pkg even though it's the same exact can.

Other option if full Vance & Hines system and these go. Hhmmm...

Last edited:
Would love to save even more weight but think the Busa looks best balanced with duals.

Reactions: Zee
I'm post whoring my on thread now, but wholly crap when did the Power Commanders get so rediculously expensive for Gen2's?

I have V&H headers that I fitted recently. They will work with OEM Busa cans and lots of others, I fitted a set of GPR cans. They sound great, I replaced the Yoshis with GPR's as they look better, are smaller and lighter. The GPR's also have 2 removable DB killers front and rear, I took out the rears and sounds just right!

Thanks for the info, V&H's header set to mate up with my Two-Bro's cans is prob the direction I'll go. Maybe find a nice used set cheaper. Did you use a PowerCommander to remap with the full header setup?

Back