1999 16 Bit Conversion To 2003 32 Bit Trouble

Max

Registered
Is there a way to pin swap the 99 wiring harness and only change the ecm and Magnito to 03-07? These instructions dont seem to work and it wont start now..3rd attempt I changed the entire harness+hub to an '03 and had the exact same problem. Thank for any input guys!

these directions seem to be WRONG?

99 to 03 elec conversion 001.jpg

99 to 03 elec conversion 003.jpg

99 to 03 elec conversion 019.jpg

swap direct 002.jpg

ECU# 32920-24FKO 112100-1100 12v NEP074 DENSO Came off a running 2006. Are these instruction correct! thank you for the help.

swap direct 002.jpg

swap direct 003.jpg

Spark? Fuel??
Pin swap is not needed to the bike to run at all

Wires you swap are just a sine wave. Polarity will not matter,I ran my 2000 without swapping the wires for three years before chasing a hard starting problem, DaveO Asked me if I had swapped them.
he laughed ,stating "not that big of a deal, your timing is just off by BLA degrees (I don't remember the number) but he spouted 24/360 bla bla bla
the numberr of degrees I was off he said "cause you are not pushing it hard" you never noticed

For laughs run a bypass 12v from the battery to the coils when you try to start it
I chased a "hard/no start" condition for 5-6 years
Hell I had the only 24v start 9-1 turbo bike I had ever seen

hell my current harness i don't even know which way the wires are in
timing I verified with a light ;)
thnks for the input! I have fuel and spark---is timing adjustable externally with a timing light? thought timing was only adjustable through flashing the ecm?..do you mean cam timing adjustments perhaps? my cams
are 106 int-108 exh degrees. It sounds like a timing issue because it starts very rough and wont idle or rev.

I know how far from "actual" I am my setup was "off" 4.5 degrees
bike looked funny with a degree wheel spinning 2,500 rpm

I know how far from "actual" I am my setup was "off" 4.5 degrees
bike looked funny with a degree wheel spinning 2,500 rpm
Thats a great idea I must try!..thnks.. Ill check timing by using my degree wheel/timing light with the stock '99 ecm and stator-rotor/harness-(ran great) Then Ill change to the '06 ecm/stator-rotor and harness with the degree wheel/timing light installed(barely starts then runs bad like timing is off).

if you just want to see if it moves... you do not need the degree wheel
a adjustable timing light thru the sight window dial the advance knob on the timing light till it zeros in the window
swap everything and see if it is the same

Also if it runs okay with the 2000 harness and ECU and rotor
swap only the ECU and rotor

Not sure what you are swapping around with wires 60/53,56/33
what is that about?

if you just want to see if it moves... you do not need the degree wheel
a adjustable timing light thru the sight window dial the advance knob on the timing light till it zeros in the window
swap everything and see if it is the same
will do!..thats great advise-thank you

Also if it runs okay with the 2000 harness and ECU and rotor
swap only the ECU and rotor

Not sure what you are swapping around with wires 60/53,56/33
what is that about?

Instructions above stating swap #56 into #33 'data dash stream' wire(black and green) --#56 on my 1999 harness is 'green and black' . Port #56 on an 01-07 harness is empty with green/blk located in port #33. Wiring schematics for 99-00 and 01-07 do show these changes on ports 56/33 + 60/53 'anti-theft' orange wire;also--> Ports #36/43 swap seems to be for 'crank sensor' polarity change?..see above..they show these changes also in the wiring schematics (99-00 vs 01-07) in the Suzuki Service manuals. Let you know what I find very soon!thnks

PLEASE SEE ABOVE REPLY:Seems 99-00 to 01-07 harnesses changed for: 1-internal fuel pump/ gauge(separate 2 wire connector)2-crank sensor polarity changed 3- grn/blk 'data dash stream'..#56 moved into port #33 according to the Suzuki schematic..? IDK just guessing at this point. keep you updated as I get it dialed in bro..

What is the correct pin swap needed Ransom?
Sorry, I just now saw this post question.... It looks like this is the same directions that I used many, many years ago when I switched mine.

Can you briefly restate what you have done to the bike?

Back