Oops, Breaking The Rule Of "no Political Talk" For Me, But...

I think a HUGE issue is the credit we give the famous and the blind followings they seem to get from so many that refuse to think for themselves. I'm so sick of seeing the famous empowered for what we ALL have - opinions.

I'm a free speech proponent, and always will be, but when we suddenly ONLY seem to care about what a few are saying as if they somehow have the inside track of info that's important, we just became the sheep we keep fighting to not become. No one should hinge their views on what Kanye or Sean Penn are saying, or Chelsea Handler, or whomever the flavor of the month is on Twitter. Think for yourself - I don't see that much anymore. Far too many just say what they're fed, not even knowing the meaning of what they spew. Drives me nuts...

I think a HUGE issue is the credit we give the famous and the blind followings they seem to get from so many that refuse to think for themselves. I'm so sick of seeing the famous empowered for what we ALL have - opinions.

I'm a free speech proponent, and always will be, but when we suddenly ONLY seem to care about what a few are saying as if they somehow have the inside track of info that's important, we just became the sheep we keep fighting to not become. No one should hinge their views on what Kanye or Sean Penn are saying, or Chelsea Handler, or whomever the flavor of the month is on Twitter. Think for yourself - I don't see that much anymore. Far too many just say what they're fed, not even knowing the meaning of what they spew. Drives me nuts...
Same goes for news outlets.... relying on the favorite talking head to dump info in a brain for ya is just as bad as going on the gospel of one person. find multiple sources of the same news.. if the majority say X, its likely there was a twist put on it at Y.. then research it personally before making a decision, educate yourself.

Same goes for news outlets.... relying on the favorite talking head to dump info in a brain for ya is just as bad as going on the gospel of one person. find multiple sources of the same news.. if the majority say X, its likely there was a twist put on it at Y.. then research it personally before making a decision, educate yourself.

Absolutely! People have to stop subscribing to a select grouping because you're deciding to put all faith in whatever is being fed to you. I don't follow either side, so I see both fairly clearly, I'd like to think so anyway. I see bias on BOTH sides and I get in arguments because of it. I'll hear someone complaining about something the left is doing, and I can point out where the right was doing it before, and visa versa. Media feeds in to this constantly. They count on you NOT researching whether what they're saying is factual. It's maddening...

personally its the dumbing down of the populace thats globally done by both sides, keep everyone outraged and incensed so they ignore the things done that effect them.

Free speech is good, provided it is practiced with conscience. There is no difference between physical abuse and psychological abuse, when the typical sociopath decides to destroy people. Sometimes the latter can actually be more damaging.

Regardless of laws, Democrats will figure out how to cheat the system. I agree with you. If I understood the conversation correctly a month ago, a new citizen just got their voter ID in NC by simply filling out a form but will have to prove who she is to obtain a Drivers License...........Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, etc.

That's why the Democrats don't want voter ID. If illegals voted Republican, they'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake. I don't care who wins (well, really I DO), but I want it to be HONEST. The integrity of the voting system should be paramount to EVERYBODY.

Free speech is good, provided it is practiced with conscience. There is no difference between physical abuse and psychological abuse, when the typical sociopath decides to destroy people. Sometimes the latter can actually be more damaging.

I agree jellyrug.

Being socially responsible seems to be something of the past, sadly.

Back