Rectifier/Regulator relocate project...how to

what did u do with the overflow hoses ?

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll. Thats a long story.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/123024-ghost-hose-found-help.html

Turns out only one of the two was being used . This is how it came from factory ? One hose teed into both fittings on tank, other one just hangin out ?
I removed 'Ghost Hose' leaving the one hooked up to both as you see in thread pics.
After testing and making sure all would be well I trimmed up remaining hose and ziptied it to one of the shock supports 'Dogbone' is what others call it.
And yes I clean all parts of her..even the toenails..a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...:laugh:

OVERFLOW HOSE PIC.jpg

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll. Thats a long story.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/123024-ghost-hose-found-help.html

Turns out only one of the two was being used . This is how it came from factory ? One hose teed into both fittings on tank, other one just hangin out ?
I removed 'Ghost Hose' leaving the one hooked up to both as you see in thread pics.
After testing and making sure all would be well I trimmed up remaining hose and ziptied it to one of the shock supports 'Dogbone' is what others call it.
And yes I clean all parts of her..even the toenails..a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do...:laugh:

YOU need to put the Belly pan back on!:rulez::poke::lol:

And yet, I have an '05 with the stock mounting under the left side tail, and I'm looking to move it to a place like Blanca's '08+ shows that stock mounting is on the Gen2s. I've gone through two rec/regs in two years, so I'd like mine a bit cooler. It's possible the Beetle Bags don't let airflow up through that area--don't know, but I'm looking to relocate. Is there a bracket or anything that it was bolted to down under there? If there is, and it'd retrofit, I'd be looking for one of those, should anyone have one they could live without.

I'll throw this out there for the B-King.
If you remove the servo motor for the midpipe exhaust valve(flash ecu to Busa so no FI light, valve spring will hold valve in most open position with cables removed. Airbox mod also recommended).
You can relocate the rectifier to the servo's former location under the seat/battery tray.
The wire harness will reach and you can use a servo bolt/mount to secure it.
It will also get a little air flow there, where as the relocated Busa rectifier gets none, yet stil is fine.

Oh ok. That's what I'm going to do then. I just bought a replacement bracket off eBay for $2. I'm going to cut and trim that one down so it's not as bulky. Then spray paint it.

I was just thinking, the gen 1 rectifier was mounted in the tail correct? So will a gen 1 mount work with a gen 2 tail?

Not sure if there are any differences in the mounting locations on the Gen I and Gen II subframes bro,my guess is it would probably work but sixpack or nosbig should know for sure.:super:

Back