5k For An 08 With 2k Miles.. ???

Those Micron mufflers are liked by a lot of people...and nearly impossible to find.
I like the sound of them, since ive no basis on what they do power wise thats all I got :D I did run the tank out today in 114 degree heat, and found out two things. 1. what is typically a hot shitty thing to wear on my street glide is now super useful mega ventilation, my CVMA vest :D and 2. Ive not forgotten how to shift wieght from back to arms and keep things from gettin sore plus the riding position with the bars raised really makes an obvious difference. ( had I been an inch forward, yea the tension on the lower back would have been noticable) I dont think Ill go for lowering links just yet unless i find some used ones for a good price. it didnt seem to be as much of an issue as id expected, since the width of the bike is nothing compaired to what im normally on. so having one foot down or two standing straddling wasnt much of an issue. the GRIPS however, I entirely will be looking for some sleeves ( I heard about some foam oversleeve for the grips) or some larger diameter grips are definitly in the works, Id forgotten my old metric bike had fat grips on it and noticed it quickly with this one ( since HD bikes all have bigger bars/grips) Id even got new gloves since my old ones had worn palms. ( and chain lube, a hard copy service manual, spare key, and a USB port cause i cant not have music)

Looks good! happy to see you could make the deal work. Let the mods begin.
yea lowering the pegs seems to be first on my list, but im in no rush. Ill likely fab some up like buell begs, or cast some if I can find a set to model from to get the right angle ( TIG welder and retired, I got PLENTY time) ID thought about fabbing a tank bag with an aluminum shell mostly because Ive got tons on time but im not entirely convinced having a bag made in metal in a spot I would likely whip into if hit is a good idea. the GIVI tanklock 15 liter bag is very cool but i want to hold one first before I drop money on it. Ive had tank bags before without the stiff sides and hated them.. nothing sucks more than having poop shift around in a bag and all of a sudden your bike has a killer whale floppy fin..
the stock kickstand is kinda lame with the little knob on it and id already did the cut back mod to it just because I dont want it falling off a stand.

paint will likely be a winter project, but Im going to see if I can find a tattoo artist whos wanting to do some branching out. and ill shoot the base coats and do the pinstriping.

Back