Chassis Set Up

busakiller

Registered
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone here knows how to set up a drag bike chassis.

What do I set my sag at?
Ride height? (Swingarm pivot height and rear axle height)

Right now I have my sag set at 9/16 of a inch. The swingarm pivot point is 1 1/4 higher then the rear axle. Without me sitting in it. Bike is sitting 10 inches out and has a revalve stock shock with a gen2 spring. Spring dynod at 754 pounds at one inch preload.

It's a non cut rail busa frame with no wheelie bar. Running a shinko hook up. Hope to make it to the track this saturday and get some passes in.

hard to tell what is going on with your launch. Provide more details launch rpm are you running launch control, tire pressure what is it doing on launch the more info the easierit is to help

On this pass I launched at 4500 rpms and Tire pressure is at 14 pounds. No launch control or anything. Just right hand control throttle and left handle controls clutch. I have all stiff clutch springs and a ape clutch mod.

The leave didn't look smooth. It can be hard with heavy springs. I couldn't hear the pass so I don't know if you spun, but I can tell you there is no way I hook on 15 psi with a Hookup. I run 8 pounds in both my bikes. I could probably get away with more in the stock motor slow bike.

Well different strokes for different folks but we launch our 6" over gen1 at 6+6500 on 18 psi, if you research that's what a majority of 8 second bikes use picked up that data from a Rickey Gadsen interview.

Track prep is a huge factor in what PSI you can get away with. We typically don't have optimal prep due to low car counts so the track doesn't spend the money. Also the 60' you are trying to hit makes a difference. If I'm going 1.26 on my 69" bike it is much more sensitive to pressure than my 67" bike going 1.39. The slower bike is heavier too which helps traction. I run the regular Hookup. The Pro I tired peeled.

They prep really good the days I go. The bike didn't spin on that pass. The bike has been leaving like this every since I got the new motor in the bike. I have 50 some passes on it now and still can't get a 60 foot. Change sprockets, length, heavier rear shock spring, preload, rebound, sag, tire pressure. It just leaves choppy like that everytime.

I'm not saying the steels/fibers are the cause. Possibly something isn't square, something is loose, who knows. It won't hurt to change the steels/fibers to see if anything changes but be sure to check out everything else while you are in there.

Yes bike has clutch mod in it. Just found out I have major engine problems. So going to get that fixed and get back to the track.

Back