First Down.. Let's Hope Last One

Quart

Registered
So saturday, after a good 250km (156 miles) of running between hills and twisties, I was returning back to home. In my own street, me and my friend (on a Ducati S4RS) were following a volvo-SUV at low speed (40~kmh - 25~mph) when the SUV suddently halted and turned to the right into a short-lenghted terrain front of his house.

My bro steered to the left in the opposite sense while braking, and me, whom was following in line the train, found myself with the SUV on front and friend on left. Cracked the brakes, front wheel locked and whooped my rear wheel, so I dropped the brakes, but the Hayabusa at such low speed steered to the right, the rear wheel bumping down made me lose the clutch and so restarted pushing..
And laned down to the right side.

Just a meter-or-so of slide, still the right firing it's heavily damaged. Also some scratches to the side of the head and to the front wheel fairing.
Gladly GPR's exhaust absorbed alot of the impact but since it's titanium digged in the asphalt without ruining itself.

End of the story, I'm contacting the volvo-man in order to issue in pair-way insurances in order to repair my poor Hayabusa.

IMG_20170517_WA0002.jpg
IMG_20170519_WA0053.jpg
IMG_20170519_WA0055.jpg

Ah for the history, I ended out with some slight scratches on my protections (full dress Corner, Velocity Gear gloves and Forma boots). Did myself more damage by punching in rage a wooden item breaking it.

Glad u r ok. Not sure about CAN laws, but here, u must give enough room behind any vehicle. Nearly always the courts find it is the one doing the rear ending that is at fault. Good luck tho.
I had my first down last Dec on a Toys for Tots ride. Got rear ended on my M109R doing about 40. Mine worked out ok as well.
Lets hope there are no more!
Troy

I will apply against him by the fact tha the suddently turned without using the turn indicator light.
I will bring my bro on Ducati for assuring the fact were as I say (and honestly, it's the truth).

If he did signal the turn by time, nothing like this could've happened.

I will apply against him by the fact tha the suddently turned without using the turn indicator light.
I will bring my bro on Ducati for assuring the fact were as I say (and honestly, it's the truth).

If he did signal the turn by time, nothing like this could've happened.

Car drivers (unless they are also bikers) are oblivious to everything going on around them, hence they don't use indicators or mirrors :crazy: I hope you are successful in your claim Simon.

In the UK if you hit someone from behind 99.9% of the time you will loose the claim .(with had dodgy people (gangs)slamming there brakes on in front for no reason causing you to hit them and 4 get out claiming to have whiplash etc and getting insurance layouts, The authorities have been on to this for a while now

That's a bummer to hear but I'm with the others. The driver in back is always at fault for rear end collision. It will be termed following too close for conditions. I can drive down the highway doing the speed limit and lock up the brakes for no apparent reason. If I'm rear ended it's the other drivers fault. I can claim an animal ran out into the road or whatever. It's the one following who is responsible to stay a safe distance behind. It sucks in some cases, but it's the law almost everywhere I know.

Car drivers (unless they are also bikers) are oblivious to everything going on around them, hence they don't use indicators or mirrors :crazy: I hope you are successful in your claim Simon.
Same here too. Most drivers obviously have gone through the Ray Charles /Stevie Wonder school of driving which view mirrors and indicators as optional extras

you were trailing too closely. always going to be your fault. doesnt matter if they signaled or not. you were still too close

Here in Florida your ins pays your repairs then they (ins companies) fight it out depending on who was charged etc. Did anyone get cited?

Back