Surprising My Son In The Usa Last Year

bigdev

Registered
In July 2016 I decided to give my Son and his wife a surprise birthday present so I booked them into a Joe Bonamassa concert at Red Rocks and booked them into a hotel nearby, but I didn't tell them where they were going or what they were doing, I sent them two envelopes, one to open just before they set off so they knew which hotel they were staying at and another envelope to open when they arrived at the hotel so they knew where they were going.
Then I got to thinking, what if I flew from England and met them at the Hotel as a surprise. So I got tickets to fly out and a ticket to the show and bought a false beard and an xxxl tee shirt and put a cushion inside it, baseball cap and shades completed the outfit and waited for them to arrive.
When they arrived I went and stood next to them, no recognition at all so they checked in and started walking towards the lift. So I said to my Son, "hey buddy, don't I know you from somewhere". "Nope" he said, I don't think so". "I'm pretty sure I do" I replied. "No, I'm pretty sure I don't" he replied again. So I took my cap and shades off and he was like..."Dadddddd" and we had a big hug lol. Biggest surprise he's ever had he said. Then his wife said "My Mom's just moved house and nobody has been to take her cookies and welcome her to the neighbourhood so will you dress up and go see her. No problem (you will have to excuse my American accent in the video. She didn't recognise me until she saw her daughter filming on her cell phone then the game was up. Next up was my grandkids but I decided the disguise may frighten them so I just dressed in normal clothes and waited for them to come out of music school but basically just ignored them. Anja my eldest Grandchild looked at me and said..Hi...Hi I said back and she screamed...Grandaddddd haha. The next bit was when we got to my Sons home and his dawg heard my voice.

I hope you enjoy the video :) (I hope it works after all this typing :lol:)

That was pretty cool to watch, the beard fit you well... :bounce: I've been to about a dozen concerts at Redrock, hard to imagine a better place to enjoy a show with your family. Well done sir!:thumbsup:

That was pretty cool to watch, the beard fit you well... :bounce: I've been to about a dozen concerts at Redrock, hard to imagine a better place to enjoy a show with your family. Well done sir!:thumbsup:

Haha when I was sat in the hotel waiting for my family to arrive a biker dude said hi to me, hi I said back, later on when I had met my family and all the fuss died down(people who were watching in the hotel were actually clapping lol) he came back up to me and told me when he first saw me he thought I was a guy who he used to ride with :lol:

Thanks Boomer and yes, it's a great venue. It was really heavy rain until about half an hour before Joe's concert then thankfully it stopped and it was an amazing concert. Joe is my favourite living guitarist :bowdown:

Thanks Boomer and yes, it's a great venue. It was really heavy rain until about half an hour before Joe's concert then thankfully it stopped and it was an amazing concert. Joe is my favourite living guitarist :bowdown:
He is definitely a legend in the guitar world. I got to see him in Vegas at a Hendrix tribute show with Joe Satriani, Johnny Lang, Eric Johnson, Vernon Reid and several others. It was my only live experience with him and it was great! My favorite axe man would have to be David Gilmour, I'll leave it to your imagination as to how that connection was developed... :beerchug:

He is definitely a legend in the guitar world. I got to see him in Vegas at a Hendrix tribute show with Joe Satriani, Johnny Lang, Eric Johnson, Vernon Reid and several others. It was my only live experience with him and it was great! My favorite axe man would have to be David Gilmour, I'll leave it to your imagination as to how that connection was developed... :beerchug:

I like Dave Gilmour too but only with Floyd, I have always been somewhat disappointed with his solo efforts (unless he plays Floyd without Floyd if you get what I mean lol) but he's certainly a very gifted musician and that must have been some show wow. :super:

Back