First Hayabusa

I want to see if a shop nearby has one in stock for a decent price, the excitement is killing me. If not, I'll see how fast I can get one from him. Does the first gen (2002) have catalytic converters in the midpipe?

I wiped her down real quick, sitting next to my VFR800

IMG_20170524_202908_889.jpg

I want to see if a shop nearby has one in stock for a decent price, the excitement is killing me. If not, I'll see how fast I can get one from him. Does the first gen (2002) have catalytic converters in the midpipe?
If it's like my gen2, it's on the header itself right below you feet.

I wiped her down real quick, sitting next to my VFR800

VFR owner here. I've been lurking for some time but have not pulled the trigger on a Hayabusa.

The post 2014 VFRs are somewhat a bland sea of red and are desperate for some style. Your bike is one of the best looking VFRs I have seen. With that decal package it is downright beautiful! (Can you message me the supplier for reference?) The Hayabusa is beautiful too. You have a good eye for aesthetics. I can see getting a blue 2017 and somewhat matching your stable, so thanks for the inspiration. :)

VFR owner here. I've been lurking for some time but have not pulled the trigger on a Hayabusa.

The post 2014 VFRs are somewhat a bland sea of red and are desperate for some style. Your bike is one of the best looking VFRs I have seen. With that decal package it is downright beautiful! (Can you message me the supplier for reference?) The Hayabusa is beautiful too. You have a good eye for aesthetics. I can see getting a blue 2017 and somewhat matching your stable, so thanks for the inspiration. :)

I actually bought the VFR with those decals, so I wouldn't know where to begin as far as manufacturer.

New fuel pump and spark plugs. If I start it while twisting the throttle a bit, she will fire up for a sec then die. With a little starting fluid and twisting of the throttle I can get her hanging around 4k rpms, but I think once the starting fluid burns off she bogs and dies. How can I check fuel pressure? I think my injectors are clogged up, so I'll have to figure out the best way to clean them.

Messed around a little bit and plugged the IAT sensor in, and the other sensor on the airbox. Didn't think those would affect it starting up and idling, but it did. Rode it around the block and to the gas station. I think after draining the tank, all the debris passing by the fuel screen clogged it up again after I cleaned it. Anything around 6k rpm and it bogs out, too much load at a low RPM and it bogs out, and quick heavy twists of the throttle bog it out. I'll pull the fuel pump again tomorrow and check the screen, it's going to be a pain because I filled the tank up. :banghead:

Thank you all for the hospitality and help!

$2400! I am both very impressed with the price and very jealous of your deal. I'm not even sure I can talk to you...lol.

You'll hear "be safe" a lot, being 19 and riding a Busa. I say just watch out for left turning idiots and wear the best gear you can.
Sweeeet deal!

$2400! I am both very impressed with the price and very jealous of your deal. I'm not even sure I can talk to you...lol.

You'll hear "be safe" a lot, being 19 and riding a Busa. I say just watch out for left turning idiots and wear the best gear you can.
Sweeeet deal!

I've heard be safe for years, after a bad wreck a while ago, pretty much every female I know tells me to be safe lol. I'm pretty stoked to get it straight and experience the torque curve!

She runs good now, there's an O-ring between the pump and housing that was torn up. I was losing fuel pressure in the tank. AutoZone had an injector O-ring that fixed her right up!

Back