Old Busa Out, New Busa In.........

Thank you. I'd just removed the Tsukigi slip-ons putting the originals back on as I am getting the Tsukigi cans powder coated and was getting ready to to do an oil/filter change. It's amazing how much of the bike was destroyed. There was quite a bit of damage to the house too but luckily the fire didn't spread, it was close though. All of the siding melted away, four of the five windows on that side of the house had the outer panes broken from the heat and the roof suffered some heat damage. Things almost went really really bad in a hurry.

View attachment 1572358

View attachment 1572359

Is insurance co going to let you keep what's left of the busa?
I'm thinking that would be a awesome prank to pull on a fellow busa owner! :devil::poke::D:thumbsup:

And I don't mean burn somebody else's ride, swap your burnt one out with theirs when they ain't looking and wait to see the reaction when they get back, lol:shocked::fire:

Thank you again everyone for the kind words. No, I didn't get to keep the remains of the old Busa :(

We did make it out for a little ride the other day covering quick 61 miles. I spent some time earlier today fitting the SW Motech brackets & Trax panniers, a set of Yoshimura spools, Zero Gravity DB screen, Saddleman seats, running the wiring for my GPS and adjusting the throttle cable. When I get the Tsukigi cans back from the powder coater they will be put back on then I'll post some updated photos. I'll pick away at the other odds and ends, sliders, levers and brake lines, it'll all slowly come together.

As promised, here's a pick of the new Busa all dolled up (for now). The Tsukigi turned out pretty good getting powder coated and I installed a set of FP Racing levers this morning. Next, maybe some black Sato rear-sets.

IMG_2606_zpsvrsccxtf.jpg

The only thing missing from the above pic are the Saddlemen seats. I had swapped them out when giving her a bath, otherwise she's pretty much good-to-go for the time being. The rear-sets, I think a trip to the dyno and braided lines will be coming up soon :) Oh yeah, I did install a BMC filter yesterday too.

I do miss the BrakeTech rotors from my old Busa........

I've been a member here for a number of years and always enjoyed posting stuff and surfing through the threads for information. A couple weeks ago we had a garage fire, the structure and everything in it was a total loss. Included in that was our beloved 2009 Hayabusa that we've owned since new. She'd covered just 16,445 miles before meeting her maker. Fionna will be dearly missed but fear not, we are on the look-out for a new or new left over Hayabusa to fill her place. We aren't far enough along yet with the insurance companies regarding payments or amounts but as soon as I get word on the bike, we'll be buying!

As time goes by and we get a new Hayabusa I'll update the thread. Until then I'm just window shopping via the world wide web lol.
Sorry about Fionna that sucks that she has past away.

We're slowly getting a few miles on the new scoot. I'm not sure if it's me, getting older or what but staying comfy is becoming a challenge (I'm only 45). It seems to be in my hips/upper leg area that I'm not dealing all that well. Last year I didn't get to ride much at all with being gone and then having a foot injury. I have a pair of 1" drop pegs coming from Knight Design, maybe that'll change the ergonomics just enough to make things as cozy as they have been in years past.

Otherwise the new bike is doing well :)

KD 1" drop pegs installed and we put a couple hundred miles on her to see how they feel. So far so good, the subtle drop seems to make a difference.

A day trip to Watkins Glen:
IMG_2636_zpsd663rhps.jpg

I'm late sending condolences on the loss; those pics of the fire are tough to look at from here, so I can't imagine what that was like in person.

The new Busa is really nice! Congrats!!!!

Back