Finally Joined The 'busa Crowd.

Thanks sixpack577. I did a search for member George Gratt, but no luck. Does he have a website? Email address? Any help reaching him would be appreciated. I'd really like to have a hugger on the rear before I take her out in a couple of weeks. Any other suggestions guys? Tnx. :thumbsup:

No, sorry.
He used to be a sponsor here, but I see he isn't anymore.
I've searched here with no luck. I know he has quite a few posts.
This is a great site, but the search function is pretty useless.

A great plan actually. Hope all goes well with your new bike and that you love her as much as I love mine. Cheers!

Thank you Skywalker. Appreciated. But as mentioned before, I don't want to mess with perfection and will only be doing minor mods for aesthetics and ride comfort. I plan on doing many miles this year just to get a feel for her before I can even think of considering changing anything. Main goal is to learn how to handle all that grunt safely and confidently. My ZRX1200R was a handful at WOT but after 4000 miles I felt fairly comfortable on her. But she only had 112 hp and 80 ftlbs of torque. Our 'Busa's almost double that at the pretty much the same weight with more aerodynamics. I will be mindfull that my learning curve will be quite steep for a while.

Still looking for rear hugger fender options guys. Street sweepers will be hear soon. Need one asap but want quality. Any input would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Congrats!! Very nice!!

785C175A-F02B-4B1C-90D5-49764D1FB378_zpsqrfkut5d.jpg

Welcome to the Busa crowd :thumbsup: and the org. Black/silver w red highlight is very slick.
Thanks jermzfree. Appreciated. I've always liked black/red color schemes but the dark silver (I think the color scheme is called Thunder Gray/Glass Sparkle black) really makes her look classy. There were 3 leftover 2016's in that color. Two were already gone. Could have had a black/blue 2017 for a couple hundred more, but I fell for the black one instantly. :beerchug:

:welcome: to the Org, great looking bike but you can get rid of about 30lbs in weight by taking those missile launchers off and putting some carbon cans on, beats going on a diet :lol::thumbsup:

:welcome: to the Org, great looking bike but you can get rid of about 30lbs in weight by taking those missile launchers off and putting some carbon cans on, beats going on a diet :lol::thumbsup:
Thanks Bigdev. I agree they are big and probably very heavy, but I expect aftermarket pipes a pricey. Once i've ridden her for a while I'll decide if I like the stock sound/volume or can tolerate a bit more noise. I hear the intake roar is very cool if it can be heard over the wind noise. I'd rather hear that than a loud exhaust, no matter how cool that exhaust may sound. Loud is not cool at my age. With that said, any recommendations?? :confused:

Yoshimura makes a very nice exhaust that is quite until you really open it up. Then it has a good sound to it.

No, sorry.
He used to be a sponsor here, but I see he isn't anymore.
I've searched here with no luck. I know he has quite a few posts.
This is a great site, but the search function is pretty useless.
NP. I took a chance on the PUIG. Got it a bit cheaper on ebay rather than Revzilla. Hope to install my few mods and give her a nice clean and wax/sealant tomorrow. Wish she was ready for the road. Beautiful day today for a ride. Found out my neighbor just bought Triumph cruiser. I have someone to ride with but, geez, a cruiser? Guess we won't being doing to many twisties together. :banghead:

Thanks for the input nosbig. Is there a specific Yoshibura model number, or just get the one for the 'Busa? :confused:

The R-77 race version is the only full system I have an experience with. It wasn't very loud at all. If their race version isn't very loud I would guess that the rest are not bad either.

Thanks Bigdev. I agree they are big and probably very heavy, but I expect aftermarket pipes a pricey. Once i've ridden her for a while I'll decide if I like the stock sound/volume or can tolerate a bit more noise. I hear the intake roar is very cool if it can be heard over the wind noise. I'd rather hear that than a loud exhaust, no matter how cool that exhaust may sound. Loud is not cool at my age. With that said, any recommendations?? :confused:
Two brothers silver series carbon fibre. Deep throaty sound . My own choice on mine ,slightly deeper than yoshimura cans that came as free be

I don't think aftermarket cans have to be too noisy and if you do get some you can always put the baffles into keep the noise down a bit and as for not cool at your age :eek: :D I'm 65 and like a bit of a growl from my can (Akrapovic four into one) but all of us have different tastes in everything don't we. I have never liked Yoshi's since I put a pair on my k5 Gixxer 1000, got them fitted and set up on a dyno and rode her home then took them straight off and put them on EBay, they were horrendously noisy, I constantly felt like I was being chased by a swarm of bee's. Put a pair of Scorpions on and I was well happy :):super::race:

Two brothers silver series carbon fibre. Deep throaty sound . My own choice on mine ,slightly deeper than yoshimura cans that came as free be
Thanks Mike. I do like deep sounding exhaust. Frantic high pitch exhaust are cool on the race track but for the street, throaty is good. Coming from a muscle car background, my muscle bike should have that muscular rumble sound. Sounds like the two bros silver carbon fibre might be a good option when the time comes. Appreciated. :bowdown:

Thanks Mike. I do like deep sounding exhaust. Frantic high pitch exhaust are cool on the race track but for the street, throaty is good. Coming from a muscle car background, my muscle bike should have that muscular rumble sound. Sounds like the two bros silver carbon fibre might be a good option when the time comes. Appreciated. :bowdown:
You have same year colour model as I do. Those cans I have go real nice with it :-)

I don't think aftermarket cans have to be too noisy and if you do get some you can always put the baffles into keep the noise down a bit and as for not cool at your age :eek: :D I'm 65 and like a bit of a growl from my can (Akrapovic four into one) but all of us have different tastes in everything don't we. I have never liked Yoshi's since I put a pair on my k5 Gixxer 1000, got them fitted and set up on a dyno and rode her home then took them straight off and put them on EBay, they were horrendously noisy, I constantly felt like I was being chased by a swarm of bee's. Put a pair of Scorpions on and I was well happy :):super::race:
Hey bigdev! Cool to know I'm not the only graybeard around here.:D Sounds like our tastes are very similar. I don't think I want to anything as radical as four into one but are you saying the scorpions you put on your k5 gave you the throaty, deep rumble I crave? Perhaps I meet some 'Busa members locally and maybe get lucky enough to hear these different pipes firsthand. Half the fun for me will be the learning from other 'Busa (and similar displacement bikes) owners what has worked and what hasn't. Thanks for your input old man! :laugh: :thumbsup:

You have same year colour model as I do. Those cans I have go real nice with it :-)
Good to know MC. Very cool. We, like bigdev, seem to have similar tastes in exhaust note and in our case, colors! The blue and black (mostly blue) '17 was gorgeous, but black (and thunder gray) is beautiful! I will seriuosly consider the two bros silver/carbon fiber jobs when the time comes to "upgrade" my sound a bit. Thanks! :beerchug:

Hey bigdev! Cool to know I'm not the only graybeard around here.:D Sounds like our tastes are very similar. I don't think I want to anything as radical as four into one but are you saying the scorpions you put on your k5 gave you the throaty, deep rumble I crave? Perhaps I meet some 'Busa members locally and maybe get lucky enough to hear these different pipes firsthand. Half the fun for me will be the learning from other 'Busa (and similar displacement bikes) owners what has worked and what hasn't. Thanks for your input old man! :laugh: :thumbsup:

Hi bikbutybusa, there's probably more graybeards on here than you realise :D and yes, the scorps give a deep throaty rumble as do the pipewerx cans. You can probably listen to a few audios on youtube. Here is the pipewerx link I found for you
:D plus you can listen to my akrapovic on the supercharger forum on here :devil: :race:

Back