Yea Or Nay

HoboJoe

Registered
Cowboys, I submit for a vote. 99' (of course). 30K on the clock. Will cost me $3800/$4000 all in. Figure it's a bit high but... What say Yee? Thanks

can 1.jpg

can 2.jpg

can3.jpg

can4.jpg

can5.jpg

can6.jpg

can7.jpg

And I swear one of these days I'm going to get this Computer thing right...... Let's see now, brake on the right, clutch on the left....

can 1.jpg

can02.jpg

can03.jpg

can04.jpg

can05.jpg

can06.jpg

can07.jpg

People go nuts over that color combo. Looks nice. Do you know what's been all done to it? These had a lot of first year issues.

Believe your speaking about Tranny, Clutch, Starter and Cam Chain issues. Am I missing anything? Subframe not a concern for me. Can't say that I know as of now but I aim to find out.

If it runs good, I'de buy it.
It's the original.
I'de still try and talk him down some too.

Yea! IF there is a satisfactory service history and you're convinced it hasn't been used primarily as a drag bike. Looks good in the pics but looking in person tells a better story. I came really close to buying one new. The intro of this new model and this color combo with SUZUKI emblazoned on the tank in big letters really did it for me but circumstances dictated otherwise. As much as I like the colors of my LE, if I were ever to need new body work I'd change it to that combo. With 30K on it one would expect all recalls have been done. Hopefully that's so. All 'safety' recalls not done can still be done thru Suzuki. Anything else you're stuck with. Didn't it have a different fuel pump location that was a problem? One more thing, has it been ridden fairly regularly or were those miles put on ten years ago? Could make a real difference regarding seals and gaskets etc. Good luck!

That's one to have. But, make sure it runs at that price. Understand it has a 16bit ecu and aluminum sub frame, internal fuel pump. If you're willing to spend just a little cash for incidentals on that year model, take a look.

I paid 3800 for my 99 few months ago. But are u sure it is a 99 cause speedo should say 220 not 185. I had to put some money rebuilding fuel pump which is a common issue with this year.

Back